Daily wifi disconnections! Regretting getting the Deco M5 now...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-07 03:42:40
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Tried many things. I am still experiencing at least 1-2x daily wifi disconnections.

Just some basic facts before i explain:

- Have 3x Deco M5s

- Access Point Mode

- Main Deco is connected via ethernet to my ASUS RT-AC88U

Network Map: ONT >> ASUS RT-AC88U >> main Deco M5 (ethernet) >> Deco M5 #2 (wireless) >> Deco M5 #3 (wireless)

The solutions I've tried by didn't work:

1. Swapping out main Deco m5s

I tried swapping my main Deco m5 with another one. Did not work. Wifi disconnections still persist with the same frequency (about 1-2x a day).

2. Removing all DHCP IP assignment to devices on my ASUS RT-AC88U.

I thought maybe the main router's IP assignment was confusing the Deco M5. However problems still persist. Nothing solved.

3. Switched Deco M5 to ROUTER mode.

Now this solved the problem. I went through 2 days without any WIFI disconnects. But this is NOT IDEAL. My other devices connected via ethernet to my main ASUS RT-AC88U router, cannot be found on my devices connected via wifi. Why? Because they're on a different subnet mask. And Deco M5 does NOT support DHCP (why??). So i have to go back to AP mode on my Decos.

4. Assigning wifi devices to specific Decos This didn't work properly on the app. And it does not stay. I have many wifi devices (at least 20) in the apartment running at any one time. I tried to assign devices to different Decos, but the app or Decos won't remember it. Also, wifi disconnection problem persists.

I am out of options.

I'm really regretting getting the Deco M5.

If ONLY there's DHCP enabled on Deco M5...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 642

Replies: 0