Utilizing QOS in the best way

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-07 21:25:57
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have my 3 Deco's setup in AP mode. The main Decon goes into Untangle which is my firewall / router amongst other things too.

When in access point mode it would appear that Deco QOS is not available (if I am wrong please let know but I have searched on the app to no avail. In routing mode it was there)

So on my main router (Untangle) I can define QOS and priorities.

Most (90% of my devices) are WiFi. So what I thought was to define each Deco the highest priority, then the individual devices that the Deco's serve their priority. 

Basically....

------Modem--------Untangle FW / Router ---------GiG Switch ---------Main Deco >>>>>>>Deco 2 >>>>>>>>>> Deco 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Device(s) 

High Priority             High Pr.                      High Pr                                             Whatever it needs

There are no Ethernet backhauls on any device. Just Wireless.

In the diagram It's hardwire to the Main Deco, then wireless to the balance (denoted >>>>>>>>). The devices can be connecting to any Deco depending where they are.

Does this make sense? What are your thoughts?

Thanks!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 299

Replies: 0

Related Articles