Why is my ethernet from Deco slow?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-08 02:06:44
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

I have a Rogers gigabit ignite modem in bridge mode, connected to main Deco M4.  When I connect ethernet to 2nd port of Deco through a gigabit Tp-Link switch to another device it's slow - like 25-40mb/s, while my wifi is 400.  If I connect ethernet from the modem to another device, there is no internet.

I don't get it - any ideas on what the problem may be, or if it's just a setting either in Deco or in modem?  I'm at a loss.   I would expect the speed to be closer to top speed even from modem to Deco to switch to device, shouldn't slow down that much right?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Why is my ethernet from Deco slow?
2021-02-16 18:36:15
Just tested and had the same issue. If i Use my isp modem router as first it works with 250 otherwise 100. It seems to happen after qos option that cant be disabled
Options
Re:Why is my ethernet from Deco slow?
2021-06-02 14:24:56

@Confusedwifi I suggest that you do wfollowing

1. Measure the speed from your Rogers gigabit ignite modem with a laptop with 1 gigabit NIC. The measured speed is the optimal speed you can get.
2. Measure the speed with the gigabit Tp-Link switch directly connected to your Rogers gigabit ignite modem, with a laptop with 1 gigabit NIC.
3. Measure the speed with the Deco directly connected to your Rogers gigabit ignite modem, with a laptop with 1 gigabit NIC.

If it is any difference in the speed in 2 or 3, compared to 1, you have found whats wrong. I guess that it is some issue with your gigabit Tp-Link switch.

Options