Deco M4 and LG WebOS Tv

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 and LG WebOS Tv

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4 and LG WebOS Tv
Deco M4 and LG WebOS Tv
2020-05-08 10:58:11 - last edited 2020-09-11 12:33:54
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20190917 Rel. 76172

Hey Everyone!

I Recently purchased a TP-LINK deco m4 whole home wifi kit,and i must say i am very satisfied apart from this problem.

In my living room i have a deco satellite and an LG webos tv.

The tv has internet normally,but other devices in the network do not detect it,therefore i cannot cast youtube videos to it,use spotify connect and push media to it through dlna.

I have the decos in AP mode and connected them to isp router-modem.I have also tried router mode with my isps router in bridge mode,but the issue still remains.

However,on both modes,if i connect the tv with an ethernet cable to the deco mesh point,the issue goes away!

Is there any fix for this as i would prefer to not have another cable?

Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 and LG WebOS Tv-Solution
2020-09-11 12:33:43 - last edited 2020-09-11 12:33:54

Okay so,if anyone ends up in this forum post,the solution in the end is to turn off fast roaming.Atleast thats what i found out since the instant i turn on fast roaming the tv stops beeing detected from other devices in the network,although it says connected to wifi.

Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:Deco M4 and LG WebOS Tv
2020-05-30 20:19:19

@than.bimp same here. Annoying

Options
2020-06-25 12:12:00

@than.bimp Hi any luck? I am having a lot of email exchanges with TP Link support and they're not hitting the nail in the head. 

I've tried tons of things and nothing has changed. I'm staring to think that this could be an issue with LG TVs. There might not play well with extenders or these kind of devices?

I've not tried connecting TV via cable yet because of the distance, but I will try it. However it should not be an issue to use wifi.

Have you had any other issues with the WiFI connection on your LG TV? I recently had a problem where the wifi module turns completely off randomly. I have to turn the TV off and on to fixe it but it's annoying. I called support and they say it's a factory defect. They had to replace the wifi module. When I get the TV back I'll see if that fixed the problem although I highly doubt it since it works fine when connected directly to the cablemodem instead of the Decos. 

Options
2020-06-25 12:32:43

@than.bimp One thing I found is that LG TVs do not have ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS9 opened...weird...Not sure if this has something to do.

Options
2020-06-26 09:32:34

@MartinLuchessi 

Hi Martin!

No,unfortunately i havent progressed in solving the problem,however i think even if you get your tv serviced the problem will still exist.

I say that since my tvs wifi module is 100% working,since i connect the tv to the router (not the deco) with wifi and everything works perfectly.

If you cant run a cable,you could use a wifi extender with an ethernet port,and plug the ethernet in the tv

Options
2020-06-26 12:13:36
Do you have another TV? I do and my 2nd TV does work with casting, connected to the same couple of Decos. I feel LG has some incompatibility issues with TP-Link Decos. I feel someone from TP Link needs to answer our questions in this forum as well.
Options
2020-06-26 12:38:06 - last edited 2020-09-11 12:33:51

@MartinLuchessi 

Yes i do have another TV,and an LG in fact!

Although its one of their older models,without webos and everythings works fine with that.This tv doesnt have the ports you said open,but as i said everything works perfectly with that.

Options
2020-08-27 21:18:24 - last edited 2020-08-27 21:18:48

@MartinLuchessi

Hi Martin! I dont know if you have come by another solution,but I happened to purchase another WebOS TV and it had the same problem. Given the fact that i couldnt run an ethernet cable at this location,i researched this issue again.I swapped the main and slave decos,factory reset them both and just like that everything worked.

Options
Re:Deco M4 and LG WebOS Tv-Solution
2020-09-11 12:33:43 - last edited 2020-09-11 12:33:54

Okay so,if anyone ends up in this forum post,the solution in the end is to turn off fast roaming.Atleast thats what i found out since the instant i turn on fast roaming the tv stops beeing detected from other devices in the network,although it says connected to wifi.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-11 14:49:40

@than.bimp Unbelievable! I've been spending late nights emailing and over TeamViewer sessions with TPLink support to figure this out. They are even looking for issues in the firmware. I'll let them know. 

Options
2020-12-10 15:57:51

@MartinLuchessi 

Hello buddy. Could you solve it ? I have the same problem I can't identify the LG tv. 

Thanks 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 3652

Replies: 13

Related Articles