WIFI Router + Voucher Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-08 12:38:42 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:11:23
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am planning to purchase high-end router such as AX6000 (or C5400 whichever is stable now) - it has good hardware for my micro-enterprise use. However, I have been looking for solutions such as adding Voucher Access for wireless devices.

Yes, I have checked on EAP products and OC200. I still need the router for my wired pc clients and I do not wish redundant WIFI devices to establish the setup. So I am wondering if TP-Link has existing feature on these routers, or is planning to add very soon. AX6000 is premium, yet interesting not to have that kind of function (based on emulator).

I tried looking up third-party services/software that might help me establish Voucher access from the Router alone. I found "Tanaza", in their installation guide, we only need to upload their firmware and "upgrade" it to the router to implement Wifi Voucher Access. Which means it is possible with a WIFI Router alone.

I hope the community can englighthen me. The router is needed for expansion, and I hope to enable WIFI Voucher Access through official TP-Link software without having to buy another Wifi emmiter (EAPs for this case). I have also been searching if OC200 will work on WIFI routers (which I will commit to buy if it does), but failed to find relevant data.

For reference, existing hardware/setup:

- 16-Port TP-Link Switch

- 14 Wired Clients

- Deco M5 Whole Home Mesh as router which heats up badly, hence the necessity for bigger one.

Options
1 Reply
Re:WIFI Router + Voucher Access
2020-05-13 02:11:36 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:11:23

@Tyjones 

AX6000 is SOHO product. I think it has't voucher portal function.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1265

Replies: 1

Related Articles