Connection and speed issues with 6x Deco P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-08 19:19:37 - last edited 2020-05-08 19:21:29
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20190917 Rel. 71168

Hi everyone.

I'm having some problems with my Deco P9s, bought a few weeks ago. Here's what you might want to know:

• I use all six P9s as access points
  • I block outbound traffic from the Deco P9s (ran some tests allowing them to access the internet/NTP, didn't seem to change anything or resolve the problems I have).
  • The primary Deco is the Green one, on the second floor. It is connected to a Gigabit Switch.
  • To test the network speed, I used the command line tool "iperf3", from my laptop, to a NAS running Debian. Cabled, the measured speed is 939 Mbits/sec.

Here are my problems:

1. Some access points disconnect.
    • It's not just a problem with the app, like I read in the help section. It works fine, and then it just doesn't. My devices are still connected to the access point, but I can't join any other device on the local network (or the internet). Sometimes the problem is visible (the LED is blinking red) other times it's not (Red AP LED is always white). I have to unplug it and plug it back in for it to work again (for lack of any other alternative).
    • In the beginning, I had the problem with one access point, always the same (Red one on the drawing). But now, even though I didn't move any of the access points nor changed the settings, two others keep disconnecting (purple and brown ones). I can't seem to make them join the network again, and am considering just resetting everything.
  2. Speeds are just not what I would expect from something using both Mesh and powerline.
    • Using a port on the same switch the primary Deco is connected to, I measure 939 Mbits/sec
    • Near my primary Deco (Green), I measure 350 Mb/s.
    • Next to it (Blue), I measure around 110 Mb/s.
    • Below it (Red), I have 46 Mb/s.
    • Standing next to Yellow, I have 192 Mb/s.
    • And near purple and brown (can't test it now, they blink red even after a few reboots), I used to have around 30 Mb/s.

How would you go about toubleshooting those issues? Is the bandwidth in the expected range for the Deco P9?

Thanks.

Front view of the house:

Side view of the house:

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection and speed issues with 6x Deco P9
2020-05-19 18:37:16

Sent back. Not wasting any more time on this.

I went for a more professional solution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 694

Replies: 1

Related Articles