5G band doesen't work on Archer T3U

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-10 11:56:05
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Well, I have received my archer t3u just a few days ago, the adapter itself worked but with the handicap that it doesen't connect to the 5Ghz band of my wifi. I know I have this band active because I have checked it from the router configuration page and I'm connected to it right now with my phone. It shouldn't be the distance neither because as I said my phone and my laptop are both connected to it from the same room I have my PC on.

I asked for a replacement and once I received it I connected it to my PC and the problem persists. 

I have downloaded the driver for windows 10 from the web and made sure that the one installed is the one provided by TP-Link and not the Microsoft one. Even though the controller is the TP-Link one the problem persists.

If someone have a solution for this I'd be very grateful.

Thank you 

Options
1 Reply
Re:5G band doesen't work on Archer T3U
2020-05-11 01:20:16

I have the same issue, when I try to connect to my 5ghz wifi the adapter becomes unrecognizable and have to forget the network and unistall and reinstall for it to show up.
I found a temporary solution but it doesn't give me full speed (still faster than my 2.4ghz tho)

I changed the wireless mode to IEEE 802.11a/n (devicemanager<networkadapters<right-click properties on TP-Link Wireless USB Adapter<Advanced<Wireless Mode<IEEE 802.11a/n)

Now only my 5ghz wifi shows up, connects fine but I only get 20-30mbps whereas my phone gets 100mbps on the same wifi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2566

Replies: 2