Better to connect the main Deco to a modem/router with SFP ONT or to a router with external ONT?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Better to connect the main Deco to a modem/router with SFP ONT or to a router with external ONT?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-10 17:22:32
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Which one could be the best configuration between:

1) fiber---external ONT---router(WAN port)----DECO (LAN port)

2) fiber---modem/router with SFP ONT---DECO( LAN port) 

Is it possible to have a loss of speed or some other problem in the first configuration or it would be the same?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Better to connect the main Deco to a modem/router with SFP ONT or to a router with external ONT?
2020-05-23 04:03:26

@TC9 I am not sure about your DECO model. I am using M5. M5 is not a powerful router although it is capable enough for normal use. I have a big family with more than 30 devices connected at the same time. I tried using the DECO M5 as a router connected to the ONT, the results are less favourable compared to using it as an AP only.

In other words, option 1 is better if your Router has a dedicated WAN port.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1779

Replies: 1

Related Articles