M5 Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M5 Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M5 Issues
M5 Issues
2020-05-11 13:20:59
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hi All,

First off I am having a performance issue with my newly purchased W5 devices.  I have a large house and am trying to get the best reception possible through it.  Unfortunatly my Internet enters my house at one end and not in the middle.  I am using the Deco devices to extend that along the length of the house.  The speed at the first deco is 360Mbps.  I understand that there will be degredation at the other end of the house but the problem I am experiencing is this.  In the middle of the house I have a device that, when I connect to it with my phone andn conduct a speedtest I am getting 260Mbps. If I move to the end of the house and test again via that same W5 device with my phone I get 200Mbps.  I then Install the last W5 device at the end of the house in the exact place that my phone will connect to the central device at 200Mbps.  I have done this to ensure that devices who's wireless antenna aren't able to connect to the W5 in the middle have a strong signal to connect to.  When I install the device and I connect to it to conduct a speedtest the speed drops to 90Mbps.  I have set it up so the source for the final bedroom W5 to be the central Hall W5 but it is loosing 110Mbps in the space of 20 feet through plasterboard walls.  How is it that my phone, connected to the middle Deco is getting 200Mbps but when I put a new Deco in the same place it drops to 90Mbps?

Finally I have a feature update that I think you should implement to improve network realiability and stability.  When dealing with Wireless Networks using the same network channel across ALL devices causes interference on that chanel.  We should be able to manually manage the chanel that our WiFi is being broadcast over.  It would improve the overall performance and distance the devices would be capable of communicating.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 174

Replies: 0

Related Articles