Deco M5 in AP mode with wired devices on router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-11 18:51:30

Thinking of getting M5 to install mesh network at home using ASUS DSL-AC88U router to which 2 device are attached (PC + printer).

If I use AP mode for the M5 units (using AC88U as router with DHCP etc. but with WiFi disabled), does anyone know if wireless devices be able to see the PC & printer?

Desired configuration:

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 in AP mode with wired devices on router
2020-05-11 19:59:52

@Flyball 

Hello. If the M5s behave like the P9s, in AP mode, the wireless devices will see the wired ones connected to the router

Options
2020-05-12 09:04:01

Many thanks for the replies - looks like this might be a suitable solution for me. 

Options
2020-05-15 20:56:01

@Flyball one thing you should be aware of, if you want to use the guest WiFi network feature of the M5, devices connected to the guest network will also be able to see the devices wired to the main router.

My topology is similar to yours, so I worked around this by plugging in a spare router to the M5 secondary ethernet port, and the wired devices into that secondary router.  The wired devices are now hidden from the guest network.

Options