Bed Time Parental controls not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-12 01:30:12 - last edited 2020-05-12 01:48:44
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200326 rel.61977(5553)

Heya's..

First off, your forum needs to be updated to recognize the Archer AX20 as a valid model; could only put AX50, so close enough..

Second, your parental controls are defective. while I can set time limits, 8 hours isn't enough for always on devices that my daugther may not be using, so I'd rather use the "bed time" feature, as from what it says "Block this person's internet access between certain times", so I just want to turn her internet off from 9pm to 9am, but as it stands, the internet is still active. I've tested with another "test" profile, putting just one of my devices in it, and same thing. This is a real important feature for parents and really needs to be addressed asap.

Thanks!

Steph.

just an addition to the above; for the hell of it I tried using the "pause" feature, and all it did was give a pop up on the affected machine,directing me to a web page that said my internet was paused, but effectively, it only slowed my access to webpages to a crawl. was still able to play youtube videos no problem and no real buffering....

and another edit; yes, the time zone/time on the router and all devices match to the current local time.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Bed Time Parental controls not working
2020-06-18 02:53:59

@Psyke I am having the same trouble. The pause option works for me however. 

Options
Re:Bed Time Parental controls not working
2020-06-18 14:02:08

@Strumphinator after some time with TP Link support, it was figured out that enabling IPv6 was causing the issues. disabling it made it work as it should. That said, I ended up returning the router and getting something else. I like a number of the features in the TPLink, but before the "solution" had been found, I had decided to go another route.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2335

Replies: 2

Related Articles