Set default gateway to internal LAN IP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-12 10:38:20
Model: TL-MR3420  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 180712 Rel.61343n

All,

Per subject line - Is there anyway to set the default gateway on a TL-MR3420 to use an internal LAN IP as a default gateway?

In my setup I have the TL-MR3420 with a 4G connection, and another router device with the home DSL connection over my landline phone. I want to be able to failover manually between the two connections. Originally I was planning on doing this via the device with the DSL connection which would be the defautl gw  however due to what appears to be a firewalling issue on this other device this appears not to work (ping and UDP works but TCP seems to half fail similar seen to asymettrical routing). I would therefore like to try using the TL-MR3420 as the internal default gateway with it routing the traffic on to the other internal device (with the DSL connection), except when I want to switch manually to use the 4G connection which I then will repoint the gateway to be the 4g next hop.

I only see the ability to enter static routes for individual subnets rather than everything. If this is not possible as a secondary question is anyone aware of any automated scripting options (eg python, ssh scripts etc) to configure the device as it would appear I could possibly "hack" it by entering the 254 /8 subnet routes indidually but obviously this would be a pain to manually.

thanks in advance

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 591

Replies: 0

Related Articles