WA850RE access point set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-13 13:08:30
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Hello,

I have been trying to set up my range extender as an access point.  When I follow the TP Link instructions it appears to set up successfully, however I still cannot connect to the internet.  It tries to load a web page and then times out.  I think this may have something to do with DHCP / IP etc.  My router's portal shows a list of connected devices and the RE is one of them, but the device's IP address appears to be different on my router's portal than it is on the TP Link portal.  

I have rebooted many times, tried setting it up again many times just in case it was not set up correctly though the set up instructions are very simple, upgraded the firmware etc.

Thanks,

Nathalie

Options
1 Reply
Re:WA850RE access point set up
2020-08-09 05:42:10

@Nathalie did anyone respond or did you work this out? I have posted the same question a little earlier today. I'm not convinced that the TL-WA850RE can act as a wireless access point even though it has an Ethernet point and option to select "Access Point" on the app. 

Options