VLAN 10-tagging

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VLAN 10-tagging

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VLAN 10-tagging
VLAN 10-tagging
2020-05-13 17:42:02 - last edited 2021-04-07 02:07:16
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello!

Having the Deco M9 Plus, I am planning to go with an ISP plan with a fiber offer.

As I understood, I will not be needing an extra modem. A router will be sufficient to connect to the Fiber NT. But The ISP states that my router needs to support VLAN 10-tagging. I can not find this in the specifications, nor does the internet provide me with an exact answer.

I have learned through these fora that there are VLAN settings that can be adjusted. But my explicit question: "Does the Deco M9 Plus support VLAN 10-tagging?" remains unanswerd. If not I need an extra router provided by the ISP to put between the Deco M9 Plus and the Fiber NT, which I would like to avoid.

Thank you TP Link community!

ProKavia

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VLAN 10-tagging-Solution
2020-07-23 19:01:24 - last edited 2021-04-07 02:07:16

I can, as of this week, confirm that VLAN 10-tagging works almost out of the box with the Deco M9 Plus. The master unit is directly connected to the Fiber NT. I am using a TP-Link TL-105 though to create a, star based, wired backhaul with the other Deco M9 Plus units. For those in search for the same information in the future. I connect the master unit directly to the Fiber NT installed by Proximus in Belgium. The ISP is edpnet.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:VLAN 10-tagging
2020-05-13 18:43:44 - last edited 2020-05-13 18:49:08

@ProKavia A managed switch (something like the TP-Link TL-SG105E) in front of the Deco should also work. You would then put the ISP connection in a port that is configure to be a tagged member of VLAN 10, it would make sense to just have a tagged VLAN on that switch.

You would put the WAN port of the deco in a port of the switched that you would configure as untagged member of VLAN 10.

You could then even use the rest of the ports as normal switch port for your internal network.

I have a setup similar to this concept as I use my "normal" managed switch to convert the fiber connection coming into my house, as I don't like the cheap convertors my ISP uses.

Options
2020-05-14 19:54:37

@wvanommen Thank you!

I have red the user manual of the TP-Link TL-105E.

If the VLAN 10-tagging with the Deco does not work, I will use the managed switch to provide the VLAN 10-tagging.

I am going to subscribe with the ISP. About a month from today we will change ISP's since we will be moving then as well, I will keep you posted through this thread concerning the outcome.

Kind regards,

ProKavia

Options
Re:VLAN 10-tagging-Solution
2020-07-23 19:01:24 - last edited 2021-04-07 02:07:16

I can, as of this week, confirm that VLAN 10-tagging works almost out of the box with the Deco M9 Plus. The master unit is directly connected to the Fiber NT. I am using a TP-Link TL-105 though to create a, star based, wired backhaul with the other Deco M9 Plus units. For those in search for the same information in the future. I connect the master unit directly to the Fiber NT installed by Proximus in Belgium. The ISP is edpnet.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-04-06 18:13:54

@ProKavia 

I'm going to EDPNet Fiber XL from Proximus and am using the Deco M9 plus aswell.

Do you just go from the Fiber NT straight to the DECO router unit without a modem in between? Thought the DECO was only a router and no modem...

Options
2021-04-07 18:33:55

@Cappuccino 

The main Deco M9 Unit is connected directly to the Fiber NT and this works perfectly.

To get the VLAN 10-tagging, I have enabled the IPTV/VLAN with Internet VLAN-ID set to 10.

As I understand it, the Fiber NT converts the fiber signal directly to an ethernet signal without the extra need of a modem.

Options
2021-04-10 12:38:29

@ProKavia 

Awesome, worked man.

Bit of a struggle in the beginning. Had Dynamic IP instead of PPPOE.

IPTV/VLAN i have 'aangepast' + Internet VLAN 10, priority 0. Any idea if this priority is ok at 0?

802.1Q Tag is enabled.

IPTV VLAN is disabled.

Anything else or special you can recommend? :-)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2409

Replies: 6

Related Articles