Wifi problem on Archer C6 after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-16 17:56:31
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20200402 rel.52000(4555)

Hey,

Since the last firmware upgrade, I have a problem with my wifi router. 
I have like 10+ devices in my house like smartphones, tablets, and smart home devices. 

After the upgrade, I saw that some of the devices got disconnected from the network for a period of time. For example

HP wifi printer not able to connect to wifi, only if I restart the router, but it will lose the connection in an hour or so and not able to connect again until I restart the router.

The same issue applies to other devices as well, such as android smartphones or smart devices in my house. 

Before the upgrade, all of these devices are worked just fine. 

I also tried to factory reset the router and use it with default settings. I had the same issue. :( 

When I tried to downgrade the firmware I saw this in the note:

"2. This FW has added some new features, it cannot be downgraded to former release once upgraded to this one."

Has anyone seen issues like this? 

If so, do you have any idea how to solve the problem?

Thanks,

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi problem on Archer C6 after firmware upgrade
2020-07-11 14:32:34

@Zozo83 

Maybe disable 2.4ghz guest network. If you have enabled this, this is the reason. 

The only workaround is to switch it off and wait for the next stable release 

Best regards.

Archer AX73(EU)V1 in Router Mode to use OneMesh with RE300 (used as AP only)
Options
Re:Wifi problem on Archer C6 after firmware upgrade
2020-07-12 08:09:00

@Zozo83  

Install beta 1.3.6 and wait for the final one like me, I have no WiFi problems. 1.3.0 had problems, (jumping ping lost packages) firmware disappeared from the download and appeared again, I do not know what they are playing. I was able to go back from 1.3.4 to 1.2.1 using TFTP, but I am testing 1.3.6 because I know I can go back to the old one.
Options