Trying to find Service in Middle East

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-19 23:53:18
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20190411 rel.52981(4555)

Dear Forum, I have recently purchased an TP-Link Archer C5400 router.

At the time of purchase it seemed to be working fine, but as soon I set up at home I experienced erratic behaviors (router restarting, trouble connecting to different bands etc.) and was a little unpset, as you could imagine after spending $300+ on a “high-end” router.

After contacting TP-Link in my region and requested advice or troubleshooting tips or any other service possibilities, after some days I received the following reply through email:

"Unfortunately after checking with the team responsible for that they mentioned that because the device is out of warranty we can do nothing. So sorry for inconvenience caused."

My followup question to this was, and still is:  

“Once out of the warranty period does TP-Link not support any of their products with any service, authorised service partner or replacement parts ??”

The exact reply I received was:

“Unfortunately as you said you purchased it second-hand so it isn't only one year and this is TP-Link policy and we're following it. So sorry for that and for caused inconvenience”

Could someone please correct me if I am mistaken, but according to the above replies, as 1. I didn’t purchase direct from an authorised retailer and 2. the product is out of warranty, TP-Link will not provide or suggest any service for (not just this but) for any of their products?

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Trying to find Service in Middle East
2020-05-20 11:38:45
I do not work for TP Link and understand your concern. Hopefully, this forum can help you. A few things, be sure you are using the most current firmware for your model and region and reset to factory and re-enter your settings as that cures many erratic issues. Also if you got the router from a third party, be sure the router is for your region (a router for the US markets will not be good in the Middle East as the firmware and requirements are different). If that does not help, then re-post the exact issues you are having.
Options
Re:Trying to find Service in Middle East
2020-05-20 13:26:20
Thank you for taking the time to reply. The first thing I did was a hard-reset and checked to see my firmware was the latest and matched my region of the router. My main request is to understand if there are any authorized service providers for TP-Link products? Do replacement parts exist for their high-end products or are the products basically disposable in case of any hardware issue ?? Hopefully someone at TP-Link could clarify the situation. Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 550

Replies: 2

Related Articles