Router connection to mobile hotspot?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-21 02:59:02 - last edited 2020-05-21 03:00:35
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I'm wondering if I can connect my tp link Archer c50 router to mobile hotspot and disconnect my WAN cable but I'm unable to figure out the setup 

I have a lot of mobile hotspot data and want to connect my home to it but range of hotspot is too short so would be possible to tether my router to hotspot then connect my home to router ? 

Thank you all 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router connection to mobile hotspot?
2021-07-06 15:20:35
I know it's been a year but here's how I do it (I have win10 & droid). Connect Ethernet cable PC to router WAN. Hotspot or turn on tethering app. From here on everything is done on PC. Connect to phone. Go into Network settings then change adapter settings. Locate adapter currently using to connect. Right click, click properties. Click share tab, Ethernet You may need to reset router but as long as PC & Ethernet stays connected you should have internet on everything that is connected to router. I'd recommend USB tethering if possible because it's much faster than Bluetooth & wifi connection to "server".
Options
Re:Router connection to mobile hotspot?
2021-07-06 17:54:30

@Bigmark0272 

I tested using RE305 with IOS.  IOS doesn't pass multiple IP to RE305 for clients, additionally RE305 cannot NAT its client IP back to IOS hence IOS doesn't work.

Also noticed IOS wi-fi 4 (max 300MB)  and USB also limited to USB 2.0 hence tethering speed may be worse even if it works.

Yasin

Options