New AC1900/T9UH Won't Connect (Desktop PC Win 10)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-22 18:35:48
Model: Archer T9UH  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Just bought a new AC1900/T9UH from a well known retailer here in Australia and cannot get internet access.  Initially downloaded what I assume was the latest software from tp-link.com (TP-Link Archer T9UH_V2_181023_Win) and followed the installation video using another old NetGear adapter.  It would not connect so I uninstalled and reinstalled from the supplied CD. Turned out to be the same software as the downloaded one (TP-Link Technologies Co.. Ltd.  11/09/2017  1030.22.405.2017)

Then let Windows install the driver (Microsoft  25/10/2018  1030.27.425.2018  Microsoft Windows)    Still no joy.

Followed the troubleshooting video on each occasion - all say device working properly and WLAN AutoConfg is running.  

My router and wi-fi to this room are obviously fine as I'm now connected to do this using my old, old NetGear mini adapter to do this (the Asus 2T2R I had used for 5 years had an issue when a wire pulled out, hence the purchase of the Archer T9UH).

I did read a review which said the T9UH wouldn't work with Win 10 but assumed that was erroneous as Net Gear's own videos for it use Win 10.

The driver installation package can find the adapter to start installation and the blue LED is constantly blinking at regular intervals which I assume is fine.  I'm only using a 2.4Ghz router and even though this room is upstairs from the router it's only maybe 25 - 30 feet away in a straight line.  I haven't tried using WPS as I am significantly disabled by a form of MND and no way I can press the router button and get up here in time to press it on the adapter.

Help please.....   Given my old cheap NetGear adapter is working I can't see why a much more expensive and sophisticated adapter as the T9UH won't.

TIA,
Gary

Options
3 Reply
Re:New AC1900/T9UH Won't Connect (Desktop PC Win 10)
2020-05-25 04:34:01

Hmmm.  Looks like I may have fallen for a rookie error........... sad

Even though my previous adapter was dual band it only ever showed one set of connections, therefore I didn't realise for days that right at the top of my network connections list with the T9UH there was an option of Wi-Fi AND Wi-Fi 2 so I had only been trying to connect on the default Wi-Fi.

Soon as I realised there was a Wi-Fi 2 I changed to that and immediately had success.smiley

FWIW my connection speeds are now 10 - 20% faster than before which I suspect is not coincidental.

Options
2021-06-04 06:12:31
what did you do?
Options
2021-06-04 06:32:18

@Jord 

In actual fact it started crashing with DPC violations again soon after and now knowing what the root cause was I have no idea why I had a good run for a short while.

In actual fact it came down to a setting on the router that my ISP started Turing on in all updates they apply.  The modem is an Arcadyan LH1000 and the setting in question is PMF (Protected Management Frames) under the settings of the wifi network on the router.

My initial good period of months was obviously when the default from Telstra (my ISP) was OFF.  However, in one update they for some reason set it to ON and continue to do that in all automatic updates.  When I again start getting DPC violations I know they've done another update so using my phone or tablet will have to go inanc change that setting. 

Hope that helps!  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1853

Replies: 3