Connecting Deco M5 to BTOpenreach Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-25 14:53:18

am trying to connect Connecting AC1300 Deco M5 to a BTOpenreach Modem. 

but the Deco M5 unit is not connecting to the internet. 

it detects that the modem uses PPPoe and asks for a username and password. 

I have looked this up on the BT forum and apparently the username is bthomehub@btbroadband.com and the password is BT. 

I have used these but when the setup app starts testing the internet connection, the light on the Deco unit turns red and the app says that the Username and password are wrong. 

what am I doing wrong? 

thanks. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connecting Deco M5 to BTOpenreach Modem
2020-05-25 14:55:02

I have not had a response from this forum but I have resolved the issue...kind of. 

The modem does not have a dynamic IP (it has PPPone) so it needs a username and password. None of the Un & Pw combinations that I was advised to use or found online worked. 

In the end I plugged in my old plusnet router, turned off the WiFi and plugged the deco into that. A solution of sorts.

Options
2020-11-01 10:05:15
Okay so thats not the username and password for plusnet.. do you have fiber? If so its yourusername@plusdsl.net PPPoE Always On andThe password you use to log in to the Member Centre
Options
2020-11-01 10:05:16
Okay so thats not the username and password for plusnet.. do you have fiber? If so its yourusername@plusdsl.net PPPoE Always On andThe password you use to log in to the Member Centre
Options
2020-11-02 11:40:22

@STCat You need to use the username and password for your current ISP's service, not a generic BT one. 

I have the M5 connected in the same way as you are having issues with and works fine with my ISP's login details. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1852

Replies: 4

Related Articles