Archer C6 Roaming Problem - 3 Routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-27 04:59:53
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20200402 Rel 52000(4555)

I have 3 Archer C6 Routers. The main router dials PPPOE to the ISP. The Second and Third Router acts as Access Points and are connected directly to the Main Router using Ethernet.

I can roam seamlessly between the Second and Third Router. However Internet stops working when I roam to the Main Router. I can still ping public IP address but browsing stops. It remains like this for 3 or 4 minutes and then everything works fine.

Another way to make it work is to switch the Wifi off my device and then wait for some time. After turning Wifi back on it connects to the Main router and works fine. 

What could be the issue. Anyone faced this type of problem. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C6 Roaming Problem - 3 Routers
2020-06-02 08:53:00

@Traveller 

Hi, this seems to be a firmware bug with 1.3.0. My C6 working as acesspoint is stable too but when use it as router there are problems. You have to wait for firmwareupdate or play with settings like disable nat boost.

Archer AX73(EU)V1 in Router Mode to use OneMesh with RE300 (used as AP only)
Options
Re:Archer C6 Roaming Problem - 3 Routers
2020-09-21 20:08:00

@Traveller Hey man i have the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1203

Replies: 2

Related Articles