Smart TV hogs bandwidth playing 4K

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-01 02:03:40
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi,

I have 2 decos. One in my living room and one in my bedroom(slave) at the other end of the house. I have 30mbps bandwidth and am able to get this speed most of the time without much issue by checking with the speedtest app.

Also, I have a modem -old router set up (IPTV goes through directly to that, I turn the WiFi off and connect my main deco in router mode to my old router (to set up the WiFi and my TV-wired to main deco for netflix). 

I need my modem-old router set up for my IPTV to work and the old router has more ethernet ports.

However, when someone is watching 4K quality content Netflix on my smart TV,(I have tried both wired and wireless connection from the main deco, and even directly from my old router without going through the deco network), my phone connected to the slave deco only gets 1-2mbps. 

Is there a way to prevent my TV from hogging too much bandwidth, maybe dropping to full hd instead of 4k while there are other devices need ing bandwidth on the other deco?

I thought the whole mesh system would distribute the bandwidth accordingly or am I mistaken? Or is it got to do with my set up or any option I have not enabled?

Also, does enabling or disabling mesh for Chromecast and smart TVs affect the network/bandwidth sharing as these devices don't move physically so they wouldn't need to switch being connected to different decos...?

Thank you so much if you've made it this far. Appreciate some help please.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 398

Replies: 0

Related Articles