Placement of Deco Units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Placement of Deco Units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Placement of Deco Units
Placement of Deco Units
2020-06-01 22:06:08

Hi there,

I am think of purchasing TP-LINK Deco M4 Whole Home WiFi System - Triple Pack and I am thinking about how/where I could place each unit.

I assume that there is a main unit and slave unit(s) way of working with these things, Must the slave units communicate directly with the main unit? Or can the slaves communicate with each other?

I'll explain my situation, I was thinking of placing the main unit in my hallway next to BT router, the second in my lounge on the other end of the house and the third in the garage. The garage would be way too far to connect with the main unit in the hallway but could be close enough to the unit in the Lounge would this work? This arrangement would be great if it worked as I would have WiFi in my garage, house and garden...

I have also read about the back haul feature if this is setup do the units need to communicate with each other wirelessly ? If this is possible I could run a cable to the garage and connect the deco in that way?

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Placement of Deco Units
2020-06-02 01:01:52

@Ddl76 

Options
Re:Placement of Deco Units
2020-06-02 01:02:39

Deco connect in any station with good signal. No metter if main or not

Options