TP-Link UH720 USB hub issues on audio devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-04 08:33:45
Model: UH720  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear all,

I'm running Windows 10 Pro on an Asus Z-170A motherboard.

I just purchased the aforementioned usb hub, and tried 2 different audio devices on it (Logitech G533 wireless headphones and an old USB DAC) and they don't work, sometimes there's some crackle, sometimes the program that's playing audio freezes, sometimes the device is not recognized.

I've tried every port on both the hub and the PC (USB 2.0 on Intel usb device, USB 3.0 on Intel usb device, USB 3.1 on ASMedia usb devices - I also tried rolling back to 2018 and 2016 drivers for the ASMedia) and it still doesn't work.

Every other USB device (mouse, hdds, sticks...) works ok.

I'm asking before returning it because it works 100% flawlessy when connected to my work PC, a Dell laptop (Precision 7520 with Windows 10).

Am I out of luck or is there something I can try? Is this a broken device or I'm just unlucky and have to return it?

PS I'm not sure of the Hardware or Firmware version, there's only a serial number on the bottom with the characters "UN/3.0" after.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 951

Replies: 0