Archer AX6000 Firmware upgrade ruined everything. Cant go back?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX6000 Firmware upgrade ruined everything. Cant go back?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
151 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 Firmware upgrade ruined everything. Cant go back?
2020-07-25 16:40:39

@Efour 

or is it a hardware problem?

Options
2020-07-25 16:47:51

@Cawsie1962 

Very doubful given that almost everyone on this thread didn't have issues until the new firmware was installed.

There are a few people that have managed to get back to the old firmware and are NOT having issues anymore.

Options
2020-07-25 17:39:10 - last edited 2020-07-25 17:46:39

Jut to be claer in my case, I am on Build 20200212 having never used any newer firmware version, and the router is very faulty. Lots of "it could not each the server" or something like that - in this very own forum I keep getting "Request timed out" and have to try again, just got one); some software which need to connect to another computer on my home network are experience some connectivities issues etc. Some software that connects to the internet show problems in doing so as well. Just to point that the problem may not be only (it might have gotten worse or so) with later firmware.

Options
2020-07-25 18:06:31

@MB17 

sounds like a much different issue than I was experiencing. I'd say you have an issue with your provider, the modem (if you need one) or the router itself. 

Options
2020-07-25 18:10:23
Thanks. If I connect my computer directly to the ISP provider Modem none of this happens. Neither it happened when TP-Link C9 was my main router before I replaced it with the AX-6000.
Options
2020-07-25 18:44:55

@MB17 

I had that exact same problem in the past. It was caused by chaning the DNS provider in the router. For me, by default its pulling the Comcast DNS servers, I changed it to use I think Quad9 for DNS and frequently got the same results you indicated. After changing it back I almost never see the issue.

Options
2020-07-25 19:33:50
Hey, thanks! My DNS is set to "Dinamically get from ISP". I believe I never changed it. I tried a factory reset, and onlychanged SSID name and password. Also made the usual change of LAN IP. Besides that, after I noticed the issues, tried disabling Smart Connect and Airtime Fairness (or checked if it was disabled, don't remember). From what I remember, nothing else. Any suggestion? Appreciate the help. PS: My TP-Link C3150 (in my previous post I mistook it for the previous router which was the C9) was pretty much set to default settings (plus IP change, name and password) and never showed any of these issues.
Options
2020-07-26 08:01:10

@Dmonde 

I've gone back to the old firmare 1.0.7 after doing the telnet hack and everything is fine and stable.  My kids are now leaving me alone and I'm not having to reboot the router every day.  Definately a software problem rather than hardware. It's the implementation of authentication with WiFi devices.  From what I can see iOS devices seem to be the first to drop authentication using WPA reporting bad passwords and then everything else follows a few hours later.  For some of us that bug caused even more issues because on a cellular ipad or other mobile device it starts using your mobile data and sometimes you don't realise that it's been doing that for a while when 5 GHz has gone done. Rubbish firmware, best stick to the older versions until a fix is finally found. 

Options
2020-07-26 08:37:55
Yeah I did the same thing. Occasionally i will have to give the modem some alone time for it to gather its thoughts and re do its authentications. And then it comes good again. The 1.0.7 is not perfect by any means but it's a hell of a lot better than the update they released or the beta garbage they got us to install.
Options
2020-07-26 12:24:49

@Transmission1 

glad to hear this....they need to make it much easier for the thousands of people out there to roll back to an older more stable firmware.......ridicilous...

Options
Related Articles