Archer AX6000 5Ghz stops working after app. 1 day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-07 05:42:03 - last edited 2021-07-28 02:22:16
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Hi,

I just bought a Archer AX6000 router. I'm having trouble with the 5 Ghz band. After a clean start up of the router the 5Ghz works fine. I have laptop, 2 phones and a tablet that can all connect to it. But after a day or so the connection is lost and I can't reconnect. The 5Ghz network is intermittend down. So, when scanning for networks sometimes the 5Ghz network is visible, but then dissapears again. This happens on all 4 devices, which make believe that the origin of the problem is with the router.

In a wifi analyzer app I see the same thing. The 5Ghz network is there, and then it isn't. Then it's back again and then it's gone again.

I updated the firmware to the latest available version, which is version 1.0.6.

Any ideas on how to solve this? Or should I return it?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer AX6000 5Ghz stops working after app. 1 day-Solution
2020-06-05 07:39:36 - last edited 2020-06-05 07:39:48

@StarryNight 

Glad to tell you that we have recently released a new firmware for the AX600, please check if you can detect it and update it.

Please let us know if you still have an issue with the latest firmware, thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
351 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 5Ghz stops working after app. 1 day
2019-11-08 02:43:11

@broxtor 

Sorry for the trouble caused here, we can do some analysis and try to fix it. 

1. What is the led status of the Archer AX6000 when 5GHz lost connection?  Does wired connection and 2.4GHz wireless connectio work well?

2. When the 5GHz is visible, any error message pops up which indicates that you cannot connect to it? 

3. Have you ever tried to forget the profile and reconnect the 5GHz to give it a go.

4. Try to modify the wireless settings of the 5GHz to optimize the wireless performance, like wireless channel and channel width. Channel 36/40/44, channel width 40MHz. 

5. Besides, may I know have  you enabled the QoS or parental control feature on this router? And who is your ISP? 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-11-11 05:47:40

After the last reboot the connection lasted for about 5 days. Which is still way too short in my opinion. 

I put my answers between your questions:

Kevin_Z wrote

@broxtor 

Sorry for the trouble caused here, we can do some analysis and try to fix it. 

1. What is the led status of the Archer AX6000 when 5GHz lost connection?  Does wired connection and 2.4GHz wireless connectio work well?

The led is continuous red. Bot 2,4Ghz wireless and wired network keep working. When the 5Ghz is visible I can connect to it, but no internet traffic is possible. I do need to add that I don't have anything connected to the WAN port of the router. I have a modem/router combi from my ISP. I have that connected to a LAN port on the AX6000. I didn't want use the WAN port since I need other IP ranges then. 

2. When the 5GHz is visible, any error message pops up which indicates that you cannot connect to it? 

On my android tablet I get the wifi icon with an exclamation mark saying that I do have connection, but no internet.

3. Have you ever tried to forget the profile and reconnect the 5GHz to give it a go.

Yes, I did that. But no improvement.

4. Try to modify the wireless settings of the 5GHz to optimize the wireless performance, like wireless channel and channel width. Channel 36/40/44, channel width 40MHz. 

Will do that.

5. Besides, may I know have  you enabled the QoS or parental control feature on this router? And who is your ISP? 

I did not touch the QoS and parental control settings, so they're on default. My ISP is Telfort.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-11-28 21:47:38

@broxtor I actually have the same problem with the 5ghz wifi. I bought the ax6000 today and 5ghz wifi stops working after an hour or so. I rebooted the router and it works again for minutes or an hour. I can connect to the 2.4ghz network, that one doesn't seem to go down. I can still see the 5ghz network in android and in windows, but when trying to connect to it, it says 'failed to connect'. 

Options
2019-11-29 06:19:35
That sounds indeed as exactly the same. Unfortunately I haven't found a cause nor a solution yet. But I do have to mention that the time it is working is getting longer. In fact, since my post 2 weeks ago it has almost worked correctly for those weeks. Yesterday it stopped again.
Options
2019-12-02 04:36:38

@broxtor I have the same issue. I don't have any issue on 2.4ghz or wired but on 5ghz i lost internet access after some hours. 
I'm trying to change some parameters to see if I can fix it myself. I hope tplink will release a new firmeware to fix that, i didn't have any issue like this withvmy previous ac router.

Options
2019-12-10 03:59:23

Finally i fixed the issue by fixed the chanel and the chanel wide to 80 mhz. When I set to 260mhz i have the issue like othet and I described.

so, probably on auto mode, when it switched to 260 I lost it. 
note : I didn't have any issue on 40 mhz too but the connection is very slower.

Options
2019-12-10 12:07:10 - last edited 2019-12-10 12:11:05

@broxtor 

Thanks for your updates. Does it work better and more stable after you changed the wireless settings of the 5GHz? 

How often it stops internet right now? 

And which led shows red when the 5GHz stops working? Is it the internet led ( like a globe) or the wifi led? 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-10 12:09:15

@xtremerox 

Thanks for your reply. 

Does wired connection and 2.4GHz wireless connection work well?

Have you ever tried to forget the network and reconnect to the TP-Link wifi? What about other devices? Do they all have the same issue? 

Please ensure that the firmware version of the Archer AX6000 is the latest one. 

And you can modify the wireless settings of the main router to give it a go, including wireless channel and channel width. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-10 12:10:22

@finder 

Thanks for your updates, glad to hear that you figured it out. 

Now you can enjoy the internet with the Archer AX6000.

If need more help, be free to let us know. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-10 12:22:10

@Kevin_Z 

It seems to be a bit more stable, but every once and a while it still stops working. 

The LED I mean is the square one on top of the router. 

I did notice that when the 5GHz wifi stops working it is also greyed out in the user interface. I cannot select it then and change settings. I first have to reboot the router and then I can get back in the router and change settings.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 94823

Replies: 351

Related Articles