Archer T4E loses connection while playing games

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-05 14:21:39
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hey all, I just recently got a new Archer T4E for my desktop. I plugged it in and updated the drivers (I tried to get Windows to update it but eventually ended up going to the proper website link to the drivers), and everything seemed fine. I had an internet connection and a good download/upload speed. I then went to play some Overwatch, but was presented with a "Lost Connection to the Game Server" error. This kind of error was also happening for other online games. I tried the following:

• Changed the DNS Server to be 8.8.8.8 preferred, and 8.8.4.4 as the fallback
  • Reset my winsock data
  • Flushed my DNS and Renewed my IP
  • There was another problem similar to this, and I've tried the steps but they did not solve my problem: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200468

I'm not sure what else to do to fix this, and would like to not have to send this back. I bought this through Amazon brand new, so it shouldnt be that much of a problem if I had to. Since it was brand new, however, I would like to find a fix for it. Thanks to anyone who tries to help!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer T4E loses connection while playing games
2020-06-06 09:45:17

@Colby_W I have the same problem and I have tried everything, this Monday I will call support or wait for the email to be answered, and if I manage to solve it I will leave it here, otherwise, if you have solved it, please, tell me.

Options
2020-06-06 16:26:58

@JosueJ Thanks! If I come up with anything I'll definitely let you know!

Options
2020-06-25 11:39:15

@Colby_W I have same problems, u have some news?

Options
2020-06-28 17:20:59

@Colby_W  Same problem here, using the 36,40,44,48 channels and the router is only 3 meter underneath me. Using Win10 64 Bit and the Driver on the tp link page

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1708

Replies: 4

Related Articles