Media Server, Samsung TV can't read files.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Media Server, Samsung TV can't read files.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:Media Server, Samsung TV can't read files.
2015-06-04 18:49:27
Another way is to convert all kinds of video files to Samsung TV more supported video format and play thoes videos on Samsung TV via USB port.

You may use iDealshare VideoGo to achieve it, which can convert MKV, FLV, VOB, MPG, AVI, WebM, 3GP, WMV, MOV etc to Samsung TV supported video

You may find it and a step by step guide at http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/samsung-tv-mkv.html
Options
2015-09-22 15:07:49
Though Samsung TV claims to support MKV files, sometimes we still can not solve the issues that Samsung TV won’t play MKV. This is probably because MKV files are with DTS audio and Samsung smart TV have bad compatibility with DTS audios. In order to play MKV DTS on Samsung, we need to convert MKV DTS to MP4 AC3, or other supported formats by Samsung Smart TV.
I usually use the HD Video Converter Factory Pro to play mkv files on samsung tv
[FONT=arial], one ideal Samsung TV Converter, which can convert all kinds of MKV files to Samsung Smart TV. Hope you can try it :D

Best

[/FONT]
Options
2017-11-03 11:41:45
well, I know this is a pretty old thread but share with more passer-by. A tutorial( http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/samsung-tv-mp4.html) tells how to solve Samsung TV won't play media files.
Options
2020-04-28 07:50:10
Options
2020-07-30 03:03:51

Try a video converter to convert your video to the format that Samsung TV supports. I suggest Joyoshare Media Cutter, as this is what I am using to convert and edit video. It can convert any video to various device-compatible formats, like Samsung TV, LG TV, SONY TV, Apple TV, Panasonic TV, iPhone, iPad, PSP, Xbox, and many others at 60X speed. 

Options