Wireless QOS/Bandwidth Control - Sucks on AX10 and AX50 (new routers)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireless QOS/Bandwidth Control - Sucks on AX10 and AX50 (new routers)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
48 Reply
Re:Wireless QOS/Bandwidth Control - Sucks on AX10 and AX50 (new routers)
2020-12-22 22:08:24

@Solla-topee hi how long it take for it to enable? Already half year going on. Please make it happen fast. 

Options
2021-01-17 12:30:52

TP-Link

You need to resolve the QOS issues on these routers. I have just purchased the AX50 and clearly QoS on firmware 1.0.9 is completely broken. I am in the UK on a BT FTTC connection and typically get 37Mbps/6Mbps so pretty slow however as soon as I select anything other than standard in QOS settings I get around 4Mbps/6Mbps. I moved from an ASUs router where QoS worked entirely as expected I.e. traffic was prioritised when needed but did not impact max download speeds when there was no real load on the network as QoS should. Now interestingly both ASUs and TP-Link use Trendmicro as an underlying component so clearly something is very wrong in the TP-Link implementation.

This needs to be fixed as a matter of urgency as currently you are selling the device under false advertising as QoS does not work and your official advice appears to be turn it off (set to standard mode) if you want to achieve your ISPs full bandwidth.

Given the current pandemic QoS is a vital feature for those of us who work from home with children to ensure we can work effectively. Looking at the forum posts this issue has been known about for many months!

Options
2021-02-02 16:28:26

@Kevin_Z 

Please fix QoS or bandwidth control. really dissapointed that such function is not even working with this price point router. feel like getting cheated by this product.

Options
2021-02-26 07:57:26

Kevin_Z wrote

@NewGuy123 @Flip0406 

Hello, thank you both again for the suggestions or opinions, we do have the plan to add the Bandwidth Control feature on the Wi-Fi routers in the near future, while we are unable to provide you an ETA, as this will be on a rolling basis for different models. We hope you are patient with this and keep an eye on the official website for any future firmware update.

Have a nice day.

Hi @Kevin_Z,

Recently I bought an Archer AX50 in order to replace my old TP-link router but, as other people already said, my surprise was when I notice that the Bandwidth control is gone! 

In your post (2020-12-21), you said that in a near future this functionality will be added. But what means "near future" for you? 1 month? 3 months? 1 year?

Please, can you or one of your support colleagues answer the question? This is an important/essential functionality for me and if it is not enabled in a really near future I will return the product. 

Thanks.

Options
2021-03-02 17:08:48

@Kevin_Z 

Any ETA on when this feature will be enabled? A $400 router should have this basic feature. If it's not coming in next release, I am going to return this router and would encorage everyone who is using this router for WFH. Doesn't offer basic feature that all other routers do. It's been over a year we are asking for this.

Options
2021-03-03 03:24:26

@pedojfo   @virtualh 

Sorry we don't have an ETA for the available firmware of Bandwidth Control feature, it you do need this feature and your Archer AX50 is still within the return windows, please return it and get one that supports it in the original firmware.

Options
2021-03-17 11:03:48

@Kevin_Z 

Still no bandwidth control for AX10? Older models have this function and is a MUST for every router! Better have this function added soon or you will definitely lose lots of customers. This is lazy programming.

Options
2021-03-17 11:30:29

Custo benefício zero este roteador. QOS não funciona. Definir a largura de banda por estação é necessário. Realmente a TP-Link já foi melhor. 

Options
2021-03-18 14:01:56

I also need that bandwidth limiter settings. Qos is useless

Options
2021-03-18 15:43:28

@Kevin_Z This is standard functionality, it is almost everywhere. And he must be in the entire line of AX.

Options
Related Articles