[REQUEST] Bandwidth control on AX10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-23 02:27:08 - last edited 2021-04-23 13:51:54
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20201230 Rel. 40465(5553)

Hi! I just bought an Archer AX10 to improve WiFi coverage and general reliability in my house. By now the router works flawlessly without any problems. My expectations were exceeded. So far, so good.

I register in the DHCP all my home devices (TVs, smartphones, PCs, CCTV, etc.) but sometimes there are guests in my house, sometimes just one or two, or five in some cases. I had an Archer C20 and I used to control the bandwidth of the guest devices (those that weren't registered in the [192.168.0.20 - onwards] IP range. In order to not to compromise the entire network bandwidth (which is limited) when, e.g., just one or two guests are downloading a big file and me or my mother wants to make a videocall, at the same time.

Archer AX10 only has a QoS feature, a very limited one, by the way. I don't see in the settings any bandwidth control per device, just like the older Archer C20, had.

To compensate the issue I have prioritized the most important devices in the QoS section, but I'm not pretty confident about this feature.

Is there any possibility to enable the bandwidth settings -per device or IP range- in the Archer AX10?

Would be awesome and a very complete and affordable router with just this feature.

Thank you so much.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:[REQUEST] Bandwidth control on AX10-Solution
2021-04-23 07:17:44 - last edited 2021-04-23 13:51:54

@sagg629 

Hi, the Archer AX10 does not support bandwidth control (limit bandwidth per device), it only supports QoS.

We have feedback to the related department, and the bandwidth control feature will be available on the wireless routers in the future firmware update, but we cannot provide you an ETA, we cannot know which model will have it at the moment.

You are suggested to pay attention to the official website, or the new firmware notifications on your router web GUI for any new firmware updates.

If this functionality has determined the choice of equipment, you can return the router to the place of purchase as not as described.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:[REQUEST] Bandwidth control on AX10-Solution
2021-04-23 07:17:44 - last edited 2021-04-23 13:51:54

@sagg629 

Hi, the Archer AX10 does not support bandwidth control (limit bandwidth per device), it only supports QoS.

We have feedback to the related department, and the bandwidth control feature will be available on the wireless routers in the future firmware update, but we cannot provide you an ETA, we cannot know which model will have it at the moment.

You are suggested to pay attention to the official website, or the new firmware notifications on your router web GUI for any new firmware updates.

If this functionality has determined the choice of equipment, you can return the router to the place of purchase as not as described.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:[REQUEST] Bandwidth control on AX10
2021-04-23 13:54:59
Hi @Kevin_Z Good to hear from you. Hope this important feature to be released to my AX10 router, as well as others. Sadly there isn't another thing to do, other than wait or install an alternative firmware, which would void the warranty.
Options
Re:[REQUEST] Bandwidth control on AX10
2021-05-28 20:51:33 - last edited 2021-05-28 20:52:12

Hi again.

This week I've upgraded the firmware version of my AX10 router. Firmware details at https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-ax10/#Firmware

But in the latest firmware I didn't found any "bandwidth control" entries. I've checked my router and that option is not present.

I was told that in a "future firmware update" we will have this awesome and basic feature.

Hope the dev team don't forget us.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1523

Replies: 3