Wireless QOS/Bandwidth Control - Sucks on AX10 and AX50 (new routers)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireless QOS/Bandwidth Control - Sucks on AX10 and AX50 (new routers)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
48 Reply
Re:Wireless QOS/Bandwidth Control - Sucks on AX10 and AX50 (new routers)
2021-03-26 02:43:32

@Kevin_Z How long time we still have to wait TP-Link?? First of all, QoS doesn't work fine, really bad to be honestly.

Bandwithcontrol is a BASIC resource, i had to buy some routers for my work and surely i can't buy from you, because don't even have BASIC resources.

I still can't believe that i'm saying it for a big company like you. If you don't know how to write firmwares, please contact the DD-WRT group that make amazing firmwares with lot of resources and stable. Unfortunatelly they donn't created a firmware for AX series still.

Tp-Link, me and a lot of people want to know, WHEN you will upgrade the firmwares for AX series with bandwithcontrol?

Say us a date, and make it happen! Stop loosing consumers.

Options
2021-04-12 11:19:08

@RandGuy123 

Good Morning

I bought a 2 AX 50 to replace my two old routers
One of them was the WDR4300 ( have option of bandwithcontrol)
And in this new routers we have no option of bandwithcontrol
How is it possible?
When is this option implemented on the AX50?

For the price of these routers is unacceptable  don´t have this option

Options
2021-04-13 06:44:15

@AntGal 

Hi, the Archer AX50, as well as other AX models, does not support bandwidth control (limit bandwidth per device), while it supports QoS, you can refer to the below instructions to get the configuration guidance:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2693/

We have feedback to the related department, and the bandwidth control feature will be available on the wireless routers in the future firmware update, but we cannot provide you an ETA, we cannot know which model will have it at the moment.

You are suggested to pay attention to the official website, or the new firmware notifications on your router web GUI for any new firmware updates.

If this functionality has determined the choice of equipment, you can return the router to the place of purchase as not as described.

Options
2021-04-13 12:23:56
Hello @Kevin_Z @TP-Link @Archer AX50 Any feedback on the bandwidth control feature in coming firmware. Honestly, older routers have a better flexibility for QoS, since they had both QoS and bandwith control which is much needed. Thank you, Sam.
Options
2021-04-13 12:24:49
Any Updates regarding bandwidth control. Thanks.
Options
2021-08-04 11:46:44

@RandGuy123 still nothing about bandwidth control on AX10 and AX50 ? TP-Link, please provide a update the firmware of these Wifi6 routers !!!

Options
2021-08-04 12:37:03

@RafaelMartins 

i bought a 5 port tplink gigabit smart switch just to have this basic function that cr?p ax series dont have frown

Options
2021-08-04 14:15:38

@Stanley3 I have an old Archer C7 1750 (old Tplink logo) and it does have bandwidth control by IP Range. Only I have to do is set IP range and maximum upload/download. And not only one, but it has 5 or 6 entries, which makes bandwidth control/distribution much easier. What they did on AX series  ?? 

Options
2021-09-22 10:33:59

@Kevin_Z 
Just received my AX10, disappointed to see that there isnt any bandwidth control for attached devices/IP, guess i will have to return this and get another which have this feature

Options
2021-09-23 07:11:07
seems like the whole ax series wont have or doesnt even plan to put bandwidth management..... so i just bought mikrotik rb4011 just to fix this simple issue....
Options
Related Articles