Connecting P9 to M9 plus fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-08 18:00:57 - last edited 2020-06-11 07:04:47
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Hi all,

Just bought a extra set of P9 Deco to use as slaves to my M9PLUS set.

I have got some problems connecting the P9 to the main router M9.

Using the normal way fails,

Connecting with ethernetcable fails

resetting doesn't help

Already made a separated network and updated the P9 to the latest firmware en and after that is reset the deco to connect normaly to my M9,

But al without succes.

As a standalone network, the network works fine. But not when i want to connect this P9 as slave to my M9.

The M9 sould be at first before the P9 according to the instructiions.

#Update 1 

After resetting en reconnecting to the temporay network, cancel the slave connection and start over the proces in my Main network i did manage to connect 2 out of 3 P9's to my network. 

Strange method, but it worked. 

The third(configured as main in the temporary network) connecting fails over and over when i reset this one and try to connect to the main M9.

#update 2

After reboot the main deco, the connection is made by cable...

Strange after al, but happy it all works fine now.

Any tips are welkom!

kind regards.

Arnoud

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting P9 to M9 plus fails
2020-06-20 14:07:00

@Aras0001 can you help? I am trying to extend my network by adding 3 X P9 units to my exisiting 4 x M9plus. I have the M9plus as the main unit directly connected to my modem/router. Do I have to connect the P9 direclty to the modem/router to benefit from the powerline feature or can I just add all 3 P9s to the sysytem and its will automatically use wireless mesh and powerline?

I have very thick mass concete walls to go through and this is why I got the P9 as add on. Any adivse would eb appericated.

Options
Re:Connecting P9 to M9 plus fails
2020-06-21 20:24:02 - last edited 2020-06-21 20:26:11

@Muggy 

i can always try... ;)

to benefit the powerline the most importent is to connect two P9 to the same section/group in you're home installation.

the install doesn't have to be directly to the main router

I believe it is not possible to see what connection is used... powerline or 5ghz.

greetz

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 570

Replies: 2