Asus Router + Deco Access Points

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-09 19:09:36
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi.

I have an ASUS AC87U router to which the main internet line is connected. The Router is sufficient to desipitate signal around the house but for some parts - a couple of bedrooms. To these parts, I have a wired LAN cable drawn from the ASUS Router. 

I tried setting up Deco M4 as separate access points on two of these LAN cables at different locations. I have set it up in access point mode. While the Deco works great, the idea behind the setup was to have seamless shift between the ASUS Router's signal across the house and Deco's signal in the rooms.

Howver, if I am connected to one of the Decos, irrespective of however far I roam from the Deco and simultaneously come very close to the ASUS Router, my Oneplus 7 does not get disconnected from the Deco so as to connect the obviously between signal. It remains connected to the Deco till such time i switch off and switch on the wifi. Immediately thefereafter it connects to the ASUS network.

The reverse is also true. When connected to the ASUS, irrespective of how close I come to the Deco, the device will not shift unless the wifi option on the phone is switched off and on.

Please help regarding the above. Thanks in advance

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1987

Replies: 0

Related Articles