Deco P9 error: daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 20 ??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 error: daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 20 ??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
94 Reply
Re:Deco P9 error: daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 20 ??
2020-07-07 13:48:10

@TP-Link_Deco

You guys need to check this, clearly with 3 P9 DECOs there is a problem.

Options
Re:Deco P9 error: daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 20 ??
2020-07-07 16:52:22

@FireDZ I actually have 6 and since posting factory reset them all to see what happens as I bring them back online. With 2, fine. With 3 - started to get issues. 4&5 added, issues more severe.

Note: The web interface to the main deco becomes increasingly unresponsive. Once logged in, the CPU use also spends longer in 100%.

I'm a software developer, that 100% use is indicative of the main unit being overloaded with work. While a brief visit to 100% is usually masked by network buffers etc and mostly harmless, spending too long at that impacts connectivity.

The fact that there is so much logging happening is showing the subsystems are finding and warning about issues. In doing that they are also contributing to the problem - it takes time to add to the log.

There are a number of watchdog timers which are apparently being triggered, resulting in reset cycles (no access for at least 30 seconds) while it brings back up the various services (effectively off and on again for the services on a watchdog timeout / critical error).

Possible solutions for tp-link engineers?

Don't log as much.

Replace the LUA code with something native.

Give the user an option to disable logging.

Increase the watchdog timeouts (a bit scary as they might be needed to fix an actual hang).

You only provide the GPL source on your site and none of the error messages are coming from there so I can't help any further.

Options
2020-07-07 21:47:03

@LaMpiR 

I'd suggest emailing tp-link in the USA  as they do respond.

Additionally, I've also reduced my setup from 3 to 2 P9 units; the results of which have been no disconnects and what appears to be improved / stable performance (throughput). I've advised support of the improvement by dropping down to two units, and have also once again highlighed this thread and everyones feedback.

Options
2020-07-08 07:49:06

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@FireDZ 

Hello all, sorry to respond late.

For the daemon.err display issue, we have received your feedback and will ask our developers to speed up analyzing it, please be more patient, thanks.

For the CPU shows 100% issue, as far as we can tell it will only appear when you just entered the web UI of the Deco P9 and it will be back normal after a while. This is also forwarded to the engineers and we will update here.

However, neither the daemon.err display issue nor the 100% CPU issue will cause the P9 crash or disconnecting from the internet, so if anyone encounters a disconnection issue with the Deco P9 network, please confirm some basic info so that we can speed up the whole process and offer a solution:

1. Refer to the troubleshooting guide to narrow down the issue and confirm if the whole system is unstable or just the satellite P9 is disconnecting from the main P9:

Unstable connection with Deco

2. What is the detailed network diagram and how Deco P9s connected, is the main P9 a Router or an Access Point? What is the LED status on each Deco P9 when the network disconnects?

3. How often does the disconnection issue happen and how do you make it back to work?

4. Are all clients disconnecting from the network or just some of them? Is the wireless still connected but showing no internet access or it got disconnected from the network? 

Thanks for your cooperation and look forward to your reply.

1. The whole system is unstable. The Deco P9s keeps connected to each other, and I don't think that's the problem in my case. Several clients just do have an unstable connection, especially while roaming. This wasn't the case with the previous firmware.

2. Main P9 is running in AP modus, others too (offcourse). LED status is normal at all time (white).

3. Constantly, with messages of no internet access or bad connection. I turn wifi off and on at my device to make it work again.

4. All clients which are 'moving'. It's quite stable when my device is connected to the Main P9. When I leave my living room and move to the garden or bedroom roaming is delayed and the connection to a satellite P9 arises slow and becomes unstable. I think roaming from the Main P9 to a satellite P9 is my main problem. I have less problems with 'static' devices such as a laptop in the kitchen or at the 2nd floor. Again, this roaming problem wasn't the case (at all) with the previous firmware, so fast roaming isn't a problem for these devices.

Options
2020-07-21 15:44:42

Any updates on this?

Options
2020-07-21 17:41:17 - last edited 2020-07-23 11:44:15

@FireDZ 

so got a 2 emails in this period from TP-Link Germany and they were saying just today, that they will transfer me to a senior engineer who speaks only English

Nothing more.

I have returned my 3 P9 and got a two P9 setup and will test it out in order to check the logs for the errors.

Options
2020-07-22 08:43:41

Hi All,

I appear to have resolved my disconnection issues, via changing the power leads from the supplied ones to a more robust cable (although difficult to be certain due to the log files being full of erroneous info / errors). Additionally, helped another Deco P9 user, managing to dramatically increase their throughput (40Mbps – 300Mbps) via removing a tp-link (Powerline) wi-fi.

I’ve also been contacted by a senior member of support, requesting to install a debug firmware on the P9 units (They want to capture data to identify potential root causes for the disconnection issues). Additionally, been advised tp-link are working on a firmware to address some of the items causing the repeating errors appearing in the logs (No release date available though).

Hope the above is of some assistance.

Options
2020-07-29 15:23:02

So, a quick update on my side. 

After waiting for an senior technician to get in touch, a Germany support team writes again. It seems that this daemon error is not that big of a deal and it doesn't point to some critical error and they asked if I have additional problems. 

It seems that no firmware update is in the horizon :) 

Options
2020-07-29 16:04:37

@LaMpiR 

Thanks for the update; seems like the various supports aren't aligned! USA saying a new firmware is being developed to address the various errors, with German support saying the error isn't a big deal / no new firmware.

Got to say, after using tplink equipment for some time  without issue the Deco P9s are a disappointment (unstable performance, lacking features, etc).

As previously mentioned, after changing the power cords disconnections no longer appear to be an issue. However, I am seeming big fluctuations in performance for 10mbps through to 300mbps!

I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed for a firmware update to address / reduce the errors, and provide additional features. Whilst also keeping an eye out for an alternative solution from another brand.

Options
2020-07-29 16:12:33

@FireDZ 

i am waiting on new info since I have asked a few questions as well. 

I am not able to test it out anymore, since I have returned my three piece and order a two piece and they are at my parents house with 100/50 Mbps Internet. According to them, no problems with disconnecting or with speed, but I do believe that 100Mbps on wifi is easily achieved anyways. 

I personally use Asus AX88U and don't plan on using tp-link Deco since it lacks in options for what I need/want. 

Only got P9 anyway because of the powerline and current price is around 30-40€ more than M4. 

As I get new info, will write again. I can only hope for a new firmware to deal with all of this. Best regards 

Options
Related Articles