Deco p9 - disconnects after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco p9 - disconnects after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:Deco p9 - disconnects after firmware upgrade
2020-06-30 22:19:36

@Onno my clients just hang/stall. Galaxy phone says internet may not be available.

Now running on one router and one access point. Full speed, no hangs or other problems. When adding the third (first floor) problems are back.

Will try router + 2 ap on one floor tomorrow. Seems to me that cpu load gets too high with 3 deco p9 installed.

Options
2020-07-04 11:38:59

I am also having the same issues post P9 firmware upgrade, random loss of wifi, but confrmed Virgin HUB 3.0 still offering IP connection. Also, Guest Wifi can sometimes still offer a wifi service before dropping connections whilst main wifi down. I have a mix of Deco's P9's and E4's and they drop connections at random points as well, all of this has started since the 1.1.0 firmware update, prior to that, it was all stable and had been for months. Trying to access the Deco's via the Android app is also now become very hit and miss, 

Happy to help on the diagnostics and either downgrade or upgrade to beta firmware as required.

TP Link Team - over to you to support all of us who are having the same issue please as this is clearly a firmware issue and within your power to resolve. Like others who have posted in this and other threads, we need you to help.

Thanks, Graham 

Options
2020-07-07 09:15:38

After discussing with my telco provider some changes where made in my infrastructure: new modem. After that, my internet has been restored. Deco P9 up and running like a charm again! So, in the end, no problem with Deco or firmware, just a faulty internet connection, possibly caused by thunderstorm or just old age. One thing required was to set the Deco to Access Point mode, preventing interference with the other router.  

Options
2020-07-17 12:49:54

I'm also having this issue.

I have had x3 P9 units since November 2019 and have worked well until the latest firmware update, now I have one that is repeatedly disconnecting every day.

Has any one had a response from TP-Link for this?

Options
2020-07-17 21:51:08

Also having the same issues. Have 3 p9s. They worked like clockwork previously. Since the firmware upgrades I’m getting frequent disconnects. 

Options
2020-07-26 14:36:17

@ewilliams8 

No nothing and it is so frustrating. Having spent nearly £200 on the kit my internet connection has become worse. I cannot believe TP Link are not looking to rectify this. Does anyone how else to contact them ?

Options
2020-07-28 21:12:29

So I have an update, I raised a support request and  TP Engineering got in contact on Monday. They remoted in and did quite a bit of work to diagnose my issue and I am pleased to say that they got me up and running again so to be fair, they made good on my challenge. The end result based on my understanding for me is that the latest firmware may have an issue when your Deco's are competing with your neighbours wifi's! In my case, the 2.4Ghz side of things was flooded and the Deco was struggling to find a less busy channel, effectively stopping the Deco from working. They have applied a debug firmware and suggested I dedciated the main network for 5Ghz - swiiching off the the 2.4Ghz, and the guest network for 2.4Ghz, switching off the 5Ghz. It does mean that if you have change some devices to connect to one or the other networks depending on their wifi spec (smart switches and older wifi devices may only connect to the 2.4Ghz).

There was a mention in the chat there is still something not quite right as they have to use a special port to access the web interface, but since they finshed on Monday morning, my issues have gone away. I am guessing that there will be a new Firmware update soon.

So my recommendation to anyone having the same issue is to raise a support request, dont wait for a new firmware and let them diagnose your setup. In the meantime, there are WIFI tools that can tell you if you are competing wth other networks and you can split your wifi as I decribed earlier.

I hope this helps and good luck. Cheers, Graham

Options
2020-07-28 21:27:51

@GrahamRW 

Hi Graham,

That is very interesting, i sort of did the other way round by switching off the 5Ghz across both guest and main network, it did made a slight difference but will check your recommendation now. 

Could you please let us all know how to raise a ticket / issue with TP Link so that we can raise this as a collective issue affecting multiple users ? Thanks for your input.

G

Options
2020-07-28 22:50:05 - last edited 2020-07-28 22:51:05

Thanks Graham for your detailed post. Really good info!

Options
2020-07-29 07:10:52 - last edited 2020-07-29 07:13:08

@Gurjit I am not sure that you can apply on behalf of multiple cases as there may be multiple causes, but to contact them, simply email them at support.uk@tp-link.com, make a note of all the Deco kit you have, the firmware & build you have on your devices- this you can get from the app and describe what is happening in your case. As with all things, the more detail you can give the better. They will then contact you and take you through what they want to do in your case.

Cheers, Graham

Options
Related Articles