TL-WN881ND "unable to connect to this network"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-11 16:55:32 - last edited 2021-03-01 22:48:55
Model: TL-WN881ND  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 180118

Hello

I have a problem with my TL-WN881ND Wireless PCI Express Adapter

The adapter has been installed/connected to the computer and the drivers have been installed, but when I tried to connect to my wifi network it says "unable to connect to this network" and on the times that it would connect to the network it would only have internet access for the use of about 40mb and then it says "no internet access" and this doesn't make sense because the wifi is uncapped and works perfectly on my other devices.

I have gone on to the TP-Link website and searched my adapter and I have watched the troubleshooting/common problems video and I uninstalled all the drivers and reinstalled them while following along step by step with the "TP-Link Wireless Adapter Setup and Installation Video" as the troubleshooting/common problems video said I should, but the problem is still not resolved.

My router is the TP-Link TL-WR840N, I have tried changing the channel and channel width and that did not fix it.

I just got a new PC and would really like to be able to use the internet on it, so any help to solve this problem is appreciated

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WN881ND "unable to connect to this network"-Solution
2021-03-01 22:47:20 - last edited 2021-03-01 22:55:19

@Hoekstes No I didnt end up finding a solution, I conntacted Tp-link support and someone took remote access of my computer and they couldnt figure out the problem. But see the reply from  " Kathy_Z " above could work. Because Im not going to lie to you mate, I couldnt find a solution so I just connected my PC to the router via ethernet cable but left the adapter on my pc and when I got a email and saw your reply I thought let me just check and see if it works now and Ive had it connected to the wfi via the adapter with the ethernet cable unplugged for about 15 minutes downloading 1GB of files and there seems to be no problem. And thinking back I did reset my router a little while ago for an unrelated reason, so that could be what fixed the issue but honestly I have no clue, but the adapter does seem to be working now so maybe give that a try. But either way if the adapter continues to work or not, Im still going to put the ethernet cable back because I just think that having the PC connected via cable is just more reliable and might provide a little bit more speed and I would definitley recomnend it.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WN881ND "unable to connect to this network"
2021-03-01 17:27:53

@JaySeth I have the same issue, did you manage to find a solution?

Options
Re:TL-WN881ND "unable to connect to this network"-Solution
2021-03-01 22:47:20 - last edited 2021-03-01 22:55:19

@Hoekstes No I didnt end up finding a solution, I conntacted Tp-link support and someone took remote access of my computer and they couldnt figure out the problem. But see the reply from  " Kathy_Z " above could work. Because Im not going to lie to you mate, I couldnt find a solution so I just connected my PC to the router via ethernet cable but left the adapter on my pc and when I got a email and saw your reply I thought let me just check and see if it works now and Ive had it connected to the wfi via the adapter with the ethernet cable unplugged for about 15 minutes downloading 1GB of files and there seems to be no problem. And thinking back I did reset my router a little while ago for an unrelated reason, so that could be what fixed the issue but honestly I have no clue, but the adapter does seem to be working now so maybe give that a try. But either way if the adapter continues to work or not, Im still going to put the ethernet cable back because I just think that having the PC connected via cable is just more reliable and might provide a little bit more speed and I would definitley recomnend it.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 3313

Replies: 3

Related Articles