Intermitent connection failures on Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-16 04:45:30
Model: TL-WR941HP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2 Build 20191125 Rel. 54756

I configured router as extender, to connect an ethernet PC in a remote room to my network by connecting to router switch section.

Router Status shows internet access is ok. Router signal was initially -66 dbm, but I changed router location to have -50 dbm.

Browsing gives me intermittent internet access.

ping -t to main router shows intermittent timeouts.

In rooms near the main router internet is excellent. Internet is provided over fiber with 200 MBPS download.

ROUTER DHCP was disabled, and PC has static IP to avoid conflict with main router DHCP. I have no devices entering/exiting the network.

DNS is configured statically to main router and 8.8.8.8 (Google) as an alternative.

Please advise. Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Intermitent connection failures on Extender
2020-06-16 08:05:45

@OrionTech 

Hello, we can do some troubleshooting and find whether we can fix it. 

1. When the TL-WR941HP stops working, with your computer connected to it, please check the IP address and gateway.

2. At that time, can you get internet from the main router with a wireless connection by standing next to the WR941HP? 

3. How far away between the 2 routers?

4. Please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

5. When you set up the WR941HP as a repeater via WDS bridging feature, did you change the LAN IP address? Instruction as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/227/ 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 274

Replies: 1

Related Articles