Unstable M9+

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unstable M9+

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unstable M9+
Unstable M9+
2020-06-16 07:00:18 - last edited 2020-06-16 08:18:37
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.10 Build 20190809 Rel 54285

Hi

My Mesh system has started being very irregular. Devices get kicked off the WiFi constantly and mesh slaves get kicked off too.

I have tried various things I've seen online so thought I'd come here. It think there is a configuration issue somewhere.

All firmware is up to date.

The architecture is as follows

Virgin Broadband Router in modem mode (no DCHP control)

Ethernet to

Deco M9+ Master in Router mode

Ethernet to

Apple Time Machine (bridge mode, no WiFi)

Ethernet to 

Netgear GS16EV2 16 port switch

Ethernet direct cables to each of

Deco M9+ Slaves (X2)

Deco M5 Slave

I have turned off fast roaming and the guest network.

IPv6 is on

SIP ALG is on

Beam forming is on

Operating mode is Router

Other features are off or not configured.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unstable M9+
2020-06-16 12:04:02

Update. 

I have turned off all three slave Decos (two M9+ and one M5) and the network seems stable with all ethernet attached devices working and all wifi devices in range of the master Deco with a stable connection. 

However, this means two things:

1) I have very limited Wifi range as only 1 of 4 Decos is running. The whole point of having ethernet backhaul and 4 Decos was to ensure good coverage through the building

2) If everything else is on an working when the Deco slaves are off, that would indicate there is an issue between the Master Deco and the Deco slaves.

Perhaps there is something I need to configure on the ethernet switches, in particular the Netgear switch?

Thanks

Andrew

Options
2020-06-16 14:58:27

Update

I have gone through the TP Link/Deco advice found regarding the switches on the network as follows:

My setup is a "Star Network"

1) The Master Deco is the NAT router on my network. The Virgun Media box and Apple Time Machine are in bridge mode (no routing)

2) The Decos were all set up on the same network and show up in the app, even when disconnected/off

3) See answer above. No other DHCP servers.

4) The Netgear switch and the Apple Time Machine are both on their own IP addresses, not the same IP as the Deco.

Netgear switch 192.168.68.105 and

Apple Time Machine 192.168.68.102

All devices have been allocated IP addresses in the range used by the master Deco.

Options
2022-01-26 20:59:48

@AndrewFD Hello,

My observations (for M9 Plus and M4R combined) is that they (different models) are completely not compatible and all of this is false advertisment.

Just promises and promises.

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options