RE650 set up advice

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE650 set up advice

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RE650 set up advice
RE650 set up advice
2020-06-16 18:52:46

Hi all, just got an re650 to cover a couple of dead spots in my house and all set up OK and working fine

However I want my devices to connect to my original network in some locations as the signal is stronger

is there a setting that allows this?

otherwise I'm going to get very annoyed having to connect to different networks while on different floors of the house as the different networks have better connections

any help is appreciated 

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE650 set up advice
2020-06-17 06:51:48

@Dale19 

Hello, 

Generally, the clients will choose better and stronger signal wireless automatically and we cannot change their choice by changing settings on the extender.

If you want to connect the device to the main network when there is a stronger extender network, you may try to change the extender network to a different SSID and connect to the main network manually in some locations as the extender signal is stronger.

For a wireless device roaming issue, you may refer to this FAQ below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/592/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 318

Replies: 1

Related Articles