Extension with a Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extension with a Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Extension with a Deco M5
Extension with a Deco M5
2020-06-17 09:13:58 - last edited 2021-07-06 02:19:06
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

i use 2 Deco M9 in my House. I will extend the wifi coverage with a Deco M5. Must the Deco M5 have a connection to the main Deco?  or is it enough when the M5 ist connected to a M9 Node?

kind regards, Woffe
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Extension with a Deco M5-Solution
2021-07-05 13:04:38 - last edited 2021-07-06 02:19:06

@Woffe 

As far as I know any Deco product can connect to Main Deco.

In main screen of deco app tap on plus icon and it will find any deco that is blinking blue (cyan) and you can add to your mesh.

however the connection speed on nodes will be different due to different models.

Also don't forget to optimize your network after completing installation.

Optimize network is accessible by clicking icon on the right bottom of screen which will take you to advanced screen.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Extension with a Deco M5-Solution
2021-07-05 13:04:38 - last edited 2021-07-06 02:19:06

@Woffe 

As far as I know any Deco product can connect to Main Deco.

In main screen of deco app tap on plus icon and it will find any deco that is blinking blue (cyan) and you can add to your mesh.

however the connection speed on nodes will be different due to different models.

Also don't forget to optimize your network after completing installation.

Optimize network is accessible by clicking icon on the right bottom of screen which will take you to advanced screen.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1115

Replies: 1

Related Articles