Deco P9 powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco P9 powerline
Deco P9 powerline
2020-06-17 11:11:48
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hi there, I have a 3 pack of the Deco P9's which supposedly use both wifi and powerline to connect around the house.

I have 2 inside the house and one in the garden office but both the bedroom and garden office are connected to the main P9 using wifi.

Is there a way of forcing one of the P9's to use powerline as it would give me a much better connection to the garden office than the current wifi which is a little flaky?

I have tried using the App and the web GUI to log into the P9's but there seems no way of doing this?

Thanks, Neil.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco P9 powerline
2020-06-17 20:24:29

@Plymuff_Neil 

Same here!  Just installed the 3-pack.  The app is showing one using a very, very weak Wi-Fi signal for backhaul instead of powerline.  And I had previous TP-Link AV2000 powerline adapters running between the two receptacles that the Deco units are plugged into, so I know it's not an issue with my electircal wiring.

Options
2020-06-17 21:32:30

@Plymuff_Neil 

This was achievable in a beta firmware via Telnet. Since the official 1.1.0 it's no longer possible.

Here's hoping that feature is added. I've had a couple of drop outs in the the satellite farthest from the router, but PLC seems to be good. Kind of defeats the purpose of the kit and goes even against what it says on the box

Options
2020-06-18 01:41:41
Has Telnet been enabled entirely in the commercial firmware?
Options
2020-06-18 12:41:36

@Plymuff_Neil 

Unfortunately, it does appear access via telnet has been removed in the latest firmware (Also, SSH connections appear to be reserved for use only by Deco apps).

However, the latest version of the Deco app does show how the satelite units are connected (Wifi or PLC). If your Deco P9's aren't connected via PLC; I'd raise a support ticket requesting the ability to switch backhaul connectivity be included in the next firmware / app releases (Need to press tp-link to better support the Deco devices).

Options
2020-06-18 13:02:43
Actually, I screwed up and had the unit plugged into a power strip. Although I had used the outlet with my AV2000 set, I didn't have it going through the power strip. My units are now connected via PLC. But, it would be nice to have more advanced features and functionality on these! I did a port scan and saw that port 22 was open for SSH, but as you mentioned it is restricted to Deco app access only.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1844

Replies: 5

Related Articles