Where to add new M4R in Deco P9 mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-17 13:16:38
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200513 Rel. 52023

I have a P9 mesh network (master and 2 slaves) in daisy chain set up.  I've just added an M4R for my garage.  Hadn't realised the M4 doesn't have PLC (I guess the clue's in the "R" at the end - who knew) as I am setting up a home gym and need wifi.

So the M4 is at the end of the line (ie P9>P9>P9>M4R) and has no PLC and chooses 2.4Ghz from the main unit which is quite close to it (garage is attached to side of house).  Two questions:

1. Can I make the M4 select 5Ghz wifi in any way?  It's not apparent on the App

2. If I don't get enough bandwidth then am I ok swapping the first P9 in the daisy chain with the M4R? I'd support the M4R in its revised place with ethernet backhaul.  Would the configuration be

P9 (master) > M4R (ethernet backhaul to master) > P9 > P9

OR

P9 (master) > M4R

and P9 (master) > P9 > P9?

It probably doesn't matter but I'd like to understand it better.  Would swapping the units in the daisy chain give me better coverage in the garage?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 552

Replies: 0