Set-up Open-VPN Server on Archer C7 - Client unable to connect using generated certificate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Set-up Open-VPN Server on Archer C7 - Client unable to connect using generated certificate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-19 08:22:23
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.  I'm trying to set up my Archer C7 as an Open VPN server, so I can access my network and home internet connection remotely.

I have followed the guidelines provided in the help section of the router.  Specifically, I used TP-Link's Dynamic DNS service and 'bound' it to the router.

I then set-up the 'Open VPN' pages, generated the configuration and then downloaded the file.  The 'Remote' part of config file always still lists the actual IP not the one from the dynamic DNS service.  Even when I overwrite this, when I try to use the configuration file from outside my home network, it can see the right IP address, but I get 'Event Wait' and 'Server timeout' errors in the log.

Can anyone suggest how to fix this?

Thanks,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 981

Replies: 0