Insight times for devices inaccurate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-19 10:31:23
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

How does the insight timing work? At 7am this morning the deco suggested my user had been online for over 6 hours already today, that wasn't the case as I was asleep until 6am!

Looking at the websites visited a number are advertising type links and such, I am wondering if it is counting multiple visits at the same time ie if I do visit a Web page that has tracking cookies or advert pop ups it is counting each of these as additional time on line? I also believe it is counting background refreshes of data in the timing so for example my phone receiving email is a download. 

The obvious effect of this is that if you set a time limit for someone, it isn't an absolute time limit as there time could be used up by all these background processes and erroneous links rather than by them actually browsing the Internet or playing online games. 

Is there a simple way to exclude these elements from the insights count? Blocking links I don't think will work as they will change each time. 

This seems like quite a significant flaw in the device and parental controls, something that is pushed quite hard as a benefit of the deco system. 

Advice and help appreciated

Alex

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 321

Replies: 0

Related Articles