Archer T4U V3 started having problems with 5GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-21 06:59:49
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I Have bought TP-Link Archer T4U V3 half a month ago, downloaded and installed drivers from website(not from CD) and everything worked great, until power outage last night. Today 5GHz network started having problems.

First I noticed that connection was marked as "Network connection established, No Internet connection found", although my smartphone was connected to the same network(5GHz) and using Internet. So I decided to open routers webpage, but it could not be opened. Opening the same page on smartphone worked fine and showed all that the other devices were working fine, except there was no PC with the TP-Link adapter. After trying to reboot PC adapter stopped displaying 5GHz network completly and showed only 2,5GHz from the same router and one of the neighbors router(usually theres around 10).

After connecting to 2,5GHz, Internet was finally available and 5GHz(along with other networks) showed up in the list, but it was greyed out(as in bad connection strenght). Trying to connect to it always resulted in wireless networks list going empty and Windows playing the "device disconnected" sound. After a few tries to connect, unplug the adapter and reinstall drivers(after reinstalling i could connect to 5GHz, but Internet and router page were unreachable) i tried to change the USB port and now it's not only connecting, but even lets me use Internet.

Before it was plugged in the back PC pannel(USB 3.0), now it's on the front(USB 3.0). Trying to plug it in to the other back panle USB ports(there is 2 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0 ports), none of them detect 5GHz.

Please help, the adapter is too big to let it stay on the front of the PC and I'm afraid of damaging it.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer T4U V3 started having problems with 5GHz
2020-06-22 11:20:35

@captaingarlie 

Hi, are all other devices connecting to your router's 5G network fine? Or are they connected via 2.4GHz?

What is the operating system of this computer? please try to uninstall the driver completely by going to the Device Manager-Network Adapters, then try to install it manually again (Windows 10 for an example):

How to Manually Install Adapters on Windows 10?

After this re-installation, please check again of you could connect to the 5GHz network. If still no luck, please try to change the 5G wireless channel on your host router. BTW, what is the model of your host router?

Options
Re:Archer T4U V3 started having problems with 5GHz
2020-06-22 14:47:59

@Solla-topee 

Yes, router works fine, all mobile phones are connected to 5GHz.

I may have been unclear, but PC(with the adapter) is connected to 5GHz network to, but only when adapter is plugged in the front PC panel.

PC is operating on Windows 10 64bit. Driver is installed with *.exe installer and download page has only variants for different OS. Archer T4U

No *.inf file was found in the archive. I even tried pening driver installer with 7zip and there's still no inf-file.

Unistalling driver from "Program Manager" seems to completly uninstall it, as the adapter stops searching for Wi-Fi.

After reinstalling i noticed that it installs two versions of driver(like seen in step #7 in "How to Manually Install Adapters on Windows 10") - one "TP-Link wireless USB adapter", second is "TP-Link wireless MU-MIMO USB adapter". When adapter is plugged in the front pannel of PC, both drivers find and connect to 5GHz network. When adapter is plugged in the back, MU-MIMO driver only finds 2,5GHz network, while the other one finds, but "half" connects to 5GHz(no Internet and can't open router settings page on 192.168.1.1). I don't even know if it means something, just though i should mention it.

Router is ASUS RT-AC66U_B1(last update 2020/06/12).

Changing Wi-Fi channel from Auto(36) to other doesn't help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 991

Replies: 2

Related Articles