Deco P9 with Sonos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 with Sonos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco P9 with Sonos
Deco P9 with Sonos
2020-06-21 16:59:25 - last edited 2020-09-10 21:13:51
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Since setting up my mesh network with the P9's all wireless devices will connect to my Sonos with no problems but I cannot get my hard wired desktop PC to show the Sonos and the WIndows app will not connect to the system. My two PLay 1's used to show under Network in File Explorer on Windows 10 but they no longer show.

I have my ISP router connected to a switch. My desktop PC connects to the same switch and the master P9 is also connected to the same switch with a cable.

Any ideas?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco P9 with Sonos-Solution
2020-09-10 21:13:42 - last edited 2020-09-10 21:13:51

@Shev So after all this time I finally get to the bottom of my Sonos issue... with the help of tp-link support I must add. I had my switch 'in-front' of my Deco P9 sp all I had to do was move the switch behind the Deco. My broadband router now connects direct to P9, then P9 to switch. Now, in router mode, all IP's are assigned by the P9 to both wired and wireless devices. Sonos controller now works from wired PC's and wireless devices.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco P9 with Sonos
2020-06-21 21:25:49

@Shev 

Having Similar Issue Myself Connecting SONOS

If I Get to the Bottom of it will let you know 

Will be Disappointed if I've Got to Plug in a Cable or Start Using the Bridge Again 

Stay Safe

Options
2020-06-24 16:29:33

@Shev 

Sadly Reboxing Mine and Sending Back 

Between the Sonos Issue and Poor Internet in Garden , Deco positioned other side of Patio Door , Drops from 200Mbps to Near Zero just 30ft Away 

Contacted Customer Services Very Helpful but Made No Difference,  Moving Deco's & Rebooting 

Disappointed to Say the Least 

Did Manage to Get the Sonos to Find the Deco Network,  by Changing it to Access Point Function 

Apologies Couldn't Help Further 

Options
2020-06-24 17:18:46

@KennyF 

Thanks for the update. I'm sticking with mine at the moment as I'm impressed with the WiFi quality. I'm not experiencing the slow down you are. In fact, the range is so good I've been able to remove old power line to get WiFi to end of garden.

Options
Re:Deco P9 with Sonos-Solution
2020-09-10 21:13:42 - last edited 2020-09-10 21:13:51

@Shev So after all this time I finally get to the bottom of my Sonos issue... with the help of tp-link support I must add. I had my switch 'in-front' of my Deco P9 sp all I had to do was move the switch behind the Deco. My broadband router now connects direct to P9, then P9 to switch. Now, in router mode, all IP's are assigned by the P9 to both wired and wireless devices. Sonos controller now works from wired PC's and wireless devices.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1363

Replies: 4

Related Articles