fast roaming does not change to another band (5 Ghz(

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-21 22:00:30 - last edited 2020-06-21 22:05:18
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 build 20200221 Rel. 65392

Hi all.

I have a deco m5 since a week and it works fine but I don't like the folllowing.

By default "fast roaming" was disabled. I enabled it.

Currently it is in AP mode by I think it does not affect in my issue:

When I move to another room with my samsung A50 mobile (has wifi 5), for example from the dinning room ( AP1 the rover) to my bedroom (located in another flloor (AP2 in ethernet backhaul), my mobile connect to AP2 but it is not able to connect in 5 Ghz band. (just 1 meter of distance to AP2)

Even if I am connected in AP1 in 5 Ghz, then is logic than it pass to 2.4 but if my mobile connects to another AP then it cannot connect to 5 Ghz band.

In that case I have 2 options to solve this:

-turn off the wifi in my mobile and turn on it again.

or

-turn off AP2  and turn on it again.

when I turn on a deco and I am closest to it then my mobile automatically connect to 5 Ghz but it is not able to do it if deco is already turned on.

Is this a normal behaviour? I am dissapointed because I though that fast roaming also changed to the better band.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 530

Replies: 0