Nodes going offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Nodes going offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Nodes going offline
Nodes going offline
2020-06-23 09:12:36
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hi,

I bought the Deco P9 3 node set last week to enable wifi throughout my cottage. The cottage has very thick walls that prevent wifi signals passing through. Hence the P9 solution utilising 
powerline.

My problem is the nodes keep going offline and flashing red. It seems to be an issue if there has been no wireless activity for a while. My setup is:

Main: 4G Broadband router in hallway with main node connected. Great broadband signal from the 4g router but internal wifi is limited.

second node in living room on the other side of a very thick wall including a chimney stack. TP app shows connected to main via 2.4/5ghz wifi and PLC.

devices connected include the TV, Sky Q and other devices in the living room, typically, iPad, phone etc.

third node first floor, towards rear of house. iPads used upstairs connect to this node as and when. Again, connects via both wifi channels and PLC. 

The third node is usually the node that drops off the network first as it's the least used. Red flashing led, app suggests moving it nearer to the main. Only remedy is to turn off and on again.

if there has been low usage in the living room, mobile devices may connect to the hallway node - or may not. Sky Q relies on internet access so doesn't work properly. Tv can't connect. (The Sky Q system is connected to the node using rj45).

So it seems to be an issue with the nodes going to sleep and not waking on demand.

Are the nodes faulty or is there a way to keep them awake?

Thank you for your help.

kind regards,

David Smith

Options
7 Reply
Re:Nodes going offline
2020-06-25 12:46:30

@Dave626 Anyone?

Options
2020-06-25 13:06:19

Latest firmware?

(I have another model with a completely different release but notice that there has been issues for example when connecting microsoft surface clients that caused that symtom).

I bought X60 the day before yesterday and spending nights on reading up due to that I also had severe issues at least first day, still not convinced about stability and performance yet and looking forward to yet another firmware update for all of us....

Options
2020-06-25 13:12:38

@ahd71 Hi, the P9s updated as soon as I set the network up so I'm assuming it's the latest firmware (a week ago). 

I don't have any Microsoft clients on the network. This is purely a home installation with only Apple clients. 

Dave

Options
2020-06-25 17:07:28 - last edited 2020-06-25 17:08:23

@Dave626 I had the same problem yesterday, only after a few hours of it being in use and with 1-2 clients on the satellite. Samsung/Apple phones were connected, latest firmware.

I don't have thick walls and it was in the range of wifi, since when I turn the satellite off; I still have the signal from the main one. I have moved them to being used directly on the electrical plug and I am waiting on it happening again.

This is a kit I am testing out for my parents and I can't have this random stuff happening. 

Both are on: 1.1.0 Build 20200513 Rel. 52023 - P9(1.0)

Options
2020-06-25 18:17:11

@LaMpiR Many people slag off Apple, but the beauty of it is, it works. It's a shame they don't make mesh network systems. 

Options
2020-06-25 18:26:46

@Dave626 

I need an non-apple solution for a good mesh that doesn't cost 500€ :) This is in theory that, just they have a bit of customer service/support problem.

Options
2020-06-25 18:38:16

@LaMpiR 

judging by these forums, not the only problem. 😢

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1027

Replies: 7

Related Articles