Archer AC600 T2U Plus Adapter disconnecting when I upload files to YouTube.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-24 16:19:20 - last edited 2020-06-27 11:25:25
Model: Archer T2U Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've bought this Adapter about a week ago and I've noticed that downloading doesn't have an issue. The issue is while uploading large files to YouTube. I've installed the latest driver and the issue still persist. I've tried stuff like reducing the upload speed in the router. I've reduced it to about 65 Mbps on the upload but the adapter's connection still breaks after a while. I am unable to upload any files to date. 

This adapter is connected to my desktop. I first thought that it was a router issue but then no other devices have an issue. My laptop connects fine and I am able to upload huge files to YouTube. 

I really need help, maybe TP-link should help with the issue or give us another updated driver which is stable.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer AC600 T2U Plus Adapter disconnecting when I upload files to YouTube.
2020-06-26 20:52:54

Why is nobody helping?

Options
2020-06-27 11:06:53 - last edited 2020-06-27 11:08:25

@jasechiu 

This is the worst customer service I've ever come across. I am living in Bangalore (India) I called up the customer care number and had to wait for like 10 - 15 minutes to get to a representative. When the line actually starts to ring, someone disconnects from the other end. I call back again, another long wait, finally someone answers. I told the tech about the issue, and halfway through he disconnects maybe because he couldn't solve the issue. This has been going on for days and my frustration is building up. I am not willing to give up the adapter because I can't afford to buy another one. I've already bought two of them and these two seem to have the same issue now. 

Where do I go, what do I do? No one seems to reply here as well. Even the @mods doesn't seem to care. 

This is a brand new adapter, if this is the case, I've totally lost trust in TP-link products. My last option is to give back the product and demand my money back if they can't solve the issue. 

Thank you all for nothing. 

PS: Now it has also started to disconnect when I try to download movies from Popcorn time app. 

Options
2020-06-30 19:20:22

@jasechiu 

try latest drivers for that device...

or try something better:  check fist what chip lies inside that device (probably realtek). Then ask google to find it for you, latest drivers for that chip.

try to update drivers from device manager...

give us feedback...

thanks

:)

Options
2020-06-30 20:07:47
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-t2u-plus/#Driver official https://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=4400&lang=en realtek latest looks like that your device uses rtl8811au chip (mine is rtl8812au). drivers are same
Options
2020-07-01 22:11:01

@xw0lf 

I've tried updating the latest drivers from TP link. First tried with EU version then tried it with US version.

Here's what I did by myself: 

I've now downloaded the IObit driver booster and updated all the drivers.

- I've set my router's bandwidth to 80 MHZ for and channel 48 for 5G. 

-  I've sent my router's bandwidth to 40 MHZ and channel on Auto for 2.4 G. 

Now at least I can watch movies without getting disconnected. I've checked it for 2 days in a row now. It's been better than before. 

But uploading huge files to YouTube will still disconnect at high load. My internet speed is around 100 Mbps upload and download. 

Thank you for your response. 

Options
2020-07-01 23:13:54
try drivers from my other links.. that one for generic realtek chipset.. it is newer and, probably, more stable.
Options
2020-07-02 11:31:12

@xw0lf 

Thanks. Will try it out. smiley

Options
2020-07-03 11:48:10

Kathy_Z wrote

@jasechiu 

Hi, sorry to make you wait for so long and ignore your information.

Thanks for your reminding.

For the issue, I have checked it with the senior engineers who have discussed your issue.

Please confirm the below information:

1. Please test the upload speed when you upload the file to YouTube, then send us the picture to check. <-- I don't know how to check the speed while uploading. But I've attached a screenshot of the speed check from speedtest.net.

2. Please check if the feature of Dos Protection has been enabled or disabled? Check it from the support of router since it is important.

If it is enabled, you can disable it to check again. <--- It is disabled. I've attached a screenshot too. 

3. Please check if there is a function on your router so that you can limit the upload bandwidth.<--- yes there is. 

If you don't know it, please check from the support of the router.

If it has the feature on the router, please set the upload bandwidth like 50Mbps/60Mbps to check if the issue happens again. <-- I've set it up to 60 mbps and yes the upload still disconnects. I've just checked it now with 2.4g band. Also, I've notice the adapter does get a little warm when in heavy usage (uploading/downloading) so I am hoping if this information would be useful to you. 

For the disconnecting phone line issue, we will never hang up our customer's phone suddenly. Please trust us. <-- Okay. 

Sometime, the telephone line is not very stable and the issue will happen. We have transfered it to the related person who will check it. <--- Thank you. I always want to help out so it doesn't happen to other customers and thus give your company a bad name. 

@Kathy_Z 

Options
2020-07-06 15:26:32

Kathy_Z wrote

@jasechiu 

We will email you what to do next, please check your e-mail box. You may receive an e-mail from TP-Link.

@Kathy_Z 

Thank you so much. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2069

Replies: 11