Deco M5 3 pack set up and not working - continual drop outs and really bad latency

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 3 pack set up and not working - continual drop outs and really bad latency

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-26 07:05:54
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

I received a 3 pack of Deco M5s today that are brand new from a reputable retailer.  I've just spent the past few hours navigating through all sorts of issues.

The first is that I can't seem to connect it directly to my router and get an internet connection despite that being the main reason i bought it.  However, it works when I connect through my existing modem that is connected to the router.

The main reason that I've created this thread though is because it's then continually dropping out and even when I do I'm getting major latency.  It's basically unusable.  Before I assume that they are duds and I return them I want to see if there is anything else that I can do.  I've done reboots and resets on them and neither have worked.

Cheers

Carl

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 3 pack set up and not working - continual drop outs and really bad latency
2020-06-26 19:16:59
When you've got them connected to the old router are you running them in AP mode ?
Options
Re:Deco M5 3 pack set up and not working - continual drop outs and really bad latency
2020-06-26 22:44:56

@MrGubby 

No, it's still in Router mode. So that might have been a potential issue. However, I did realise that the problem seemed to arise after I did the firmware update about an hour after setting. So I restored all 3 devices to factory settings and it works fine again. So is anyone else having issues with the latest firmware?

I would also like to keep it in router mode connect the base unit directly to my internet box but it doesn't seem to work. 

Options
2020-06-26 23:39:40

@MrGubby 

Please close this thread. I got the router connection working. I also tried the firmware update again and it seems to be fine now. I'm guessing the update didn't work properly last time and the factory reset worked. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 795

Replies: 3

Related Articles