Deco M4 - 3 Pack - Slow wifi speeds (slave)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-26 14:25:08
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Hi - I was hoping someone could help.

Just picked up the Deco M4 tripple pack to work with my Vodafone 500mbps Gigafast fibre internet. 

In the room with the main unit which has the internet coming in, I get wifi speeds of upto 450 mbps, however when I am near the other 2 slaves ( 1 on the opposite side on the same floor and one in the upstars bedroom) my wifi speed is between 65-100 mbps Max which is way to slow. 

Any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4 - 3 Pack - Slow wifi speeds (slave)
2020-06-30 09:33:21

@iAamir1 

I am having same issue.

Vodafone 600/100.

All good close to the main DECO M4 but 1/4 of the speed when connected/close to the slave one.

Did you manage to solve the issue?

Options
2020-06-30 10:17:19

@paolonata Hi - Unfortuantely no fix so far. Tried various settings but all the same result. 

Also tried plugging into the ethernet ports in the slave decos but similar speeds.

So basically in the main room where the router and main deco is I get pretty much full speed - 400-500 mbps Download & Upload.

And when in the other two rooms ( one on the same floor and other in upstairs bedroom) I get between 50 -90 mbps Max which is not acceptable. 

I really like the setup and app but will be returning mine to amazon as its just not fit for purpose. Will be buying the google nest wifi setup which I have heard is a lot faster with a lot less speed sacrifice across the house slaves. 

Options
2020-06-30 14:10:02

@iAamir1 

Yes same here.

I still need to fully try it.

I like it a lot for its price and it solved my connectivity issues anyway.. but the loss in speed over the total available is so big that it´s frustrating.

I also tried to connect the laptop via ethernet cable but it´s almost the same, since the two deco units speak via wifi.. 

Maybe with an ethernet backhaul we would solve the issue, but it depends on the needs. 

In my case, for exmaple, It´s not that easy to bring the ethernet cable from point A where the router is to point B where I am working.

I was also thinking about the google solution but the price is a bit out of my range.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1359

Replies: 3